Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: local gyms & membership

HappyKilleenite Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Schluter's Loop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gladly pay money to Golds and will continue to.

Gym X has lower fees so their target clients can continue to buy steroids. All of the on post gyms are in horrible condition and staffed by spouses who are too dumb to be hired by the PX.

At Golds, you see lots of fat, disgusting, ugly people... and that's exactly what you want in a gym! A place where people are WORKING not SOCALIZING! That alone is worth all the fees and dues and whatever else.
    Have you ever been to Burba Gym on post? Unlike many of the gyms on post, Burba has an excellent work out area with free weights, machines, and cardio area....not to mention two decent racquetball courts.

Abrams is known mainly for it's swimming pool and basketball courts, but also sports four well maintained racquetball courts, a decent but small weight room, and an excellent stationary bike room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Burba IS HUGE inside! I am there a few days a week, and it has always been great fun! (Did I say going to the gym was FUN? Yes, because they have RACQUETBALL! Is anyone in the private sector hearing me??!?!?)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck yeah! I loved playing raquetball and used to go to Sports World on 2nd St. because that was the only place that had a court (I'm not military, so can't go on post), but that place closed down a long time ago and haven't played since. It really surprised me to hear that neither Gym-X nor Gold's built a raquetball court.

"It's on like bing bong!!!"

HappyKilleenite Guest

When at Sport World?

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Heck yeah! I loved playing raquetball and used to go to Sports World on 2nd St. because that was the only place that had a court (I'm not military, so can't go on post), but that place closed down a long time ago and haven't played since. It really surprised me to hear that neither Gym-X nor Gold's built a raquetball court.
    Hey Stormy, when did you play r'ball at Sport World? I was a member there in late 1990. I redeployed from Korea in May of 1990 and joined back when the racquetball courts were heavily used. I got a bit upset when I was forced to resign my membership due to being sent to the Middle East for Desert Storm. My complaint was that although I was being deployed I was required to pay the 200 dollar fee to discontinue my membership. I rejoined Sportworld when they advertised the 99 dollar for a year deal. I showed up one day for a workout and they were simply "CLOSED". Oh well. the facility still exists and I would be ecstatic if someone would renovate the place and open it up for business. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went there in '03 and '04. It wasn't the best managed place, especially right before they closed down, but, went there just to play raquetball! Hmmm....what an idea...maybe just refurbish the place to have just raquetball courts! I think they had a hot tub and a steam room in each locker rooms. I liked that, too. Not a bad idea. I wonder what they want for that place?

"It's on like bing bong!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I am game for a second second job. Haha. Get the details, Stormy, I am in!
    (Check your PM also.)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

HappyKilleenite Guest

Sportworld courts

The last time I played at Sportworld the courts were inundated with dead boards all over the floor.....as a matter of fact, in a couple spots, the wood was just plain missing. We had to sweep up the paint chips that fell from the walls. The lighting was so bad it was like playing with sunglasses on. It was terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any comments about Heritage Park Fitness in Harker Heights?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the Gym you need to join.....

e=mc2
    1054 S. Fort Hood Rd. 440 Plaza Killeen, TX 76541
    254-535-7883
    (accross K Mart on Ft Hood RD)

Paula Williams is the owner, she is amazing!!
    It's a small gym with a personal touch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuspower View Post
    Does anyone have any comments about Heritage Park Fitness in Harker Heights?
    They are all very friendly there. Small, family atmosphere. As soon as you walk in they greet you by your name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast