Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Rangers are blowing it big time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what happened to the Ranger bats...2 shut outs, that's ridiculous!!
    Good pitching will always win over good hitting...a pitcher who is on can give up hits but wont give up too many consecutive hits that creates runs...

Post Thanks / Like
    But they are one of two teams still playing at this time of the year. That is better than the Yankees, Phillies, Redsucks, and many more overpaid teams.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Rangers can win it tonight, they will head back to SF for game 6. With Cliff Lee on the mount, I like the Rangers chances in game 6. Very rarely does he pitch two bad games in a row. That would then lead to game 7. Throw the dice.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they can squeeze Colby Lewis back into the mix as well. Wilson pitched pretty good as well, he just didn't get the run support. There's a slim ray of hope if they can get the bats going early.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, the Rangers lost. Hey, they made it to the World Series. That's a huge deal in it's own right. Even though I wanted them to win I'm still proud of them. I have to give credit to the Giants. They won this series fair and square. They were the better team. I'm in awe of the Giants bull pin. With pitching like that they were bound to win.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching the game at the Cove VFW. With runners on 2nd and 3rd, they chose to pitch rather than walk the batter. One of the guys there said "don't throw a fastball". Lee did. Goodbye championship.
    But give SF some credit. Good pitching stops good hitting, and they certainly proved that.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers had a great season. They, based on the playoffs, the best team in the AL and #2 overall. Now if the NCAA football powers that be would just get on the same band wagon. Determine the best on the field, not some flippin' poll.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember something I read last week or so when the Rangers beat the Yankees.

A writer at the Dallas Morning News made the comment after the Rangers won the league series that, back when then-owner of the Rangers, Tom Hicks, made that gigantic deal to get Alex Rodriguez, Hicks boasted that A-Rod would be an asset to the Rangers, and that Alex would "get the Rangers into the World Series."

Anybody remember who that last Yankee batter was?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    None other than the overpaid Alex Rodriguez. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Say what you want, but the score as far as world series rings is:

A-Rod: 1
    Rangers: 0

Is it A-Rod's fault that they didn't get to the world series? Check out the stats. Roids or not, he was a monster in Arlington.

I find it pretty funny that all of you capitalists complain about the Yankees and their payroll. They're not breaking a single rule. They're incredibly successful fiscally and they put their money into their team. Should ownership just bank their cash and put a mediocre team on the field?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast