Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cove Waxes Mexican National Champs

Post Thanks / Like

Cove Waxes Mexican National Champs

The Dawgs really put it to these guys tonight, 49-6. This team was huge. Cove has speed to spare though and you can't tackle what you can't catch.
    Round Rock Stony Point, ranked #4 in the state, played these guys and beat them 45-7. Guess the Dawgs are for real.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    still dave, why, in the world, did cove play this team? did they get a decent amount of money for the game?

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand they contacted Cove to play. This and another Mexican team play 2-3 games every year up in Texas and want to play quality teams. This team is the defending National Champs from Mexico. They were good for sure, but couldn't overcome Cove's speed. The Dawgs had 4 TD runs of 40+ yards.
    The Mexican team paid their own way and all their expenses, so didn't cost the Cove taxpayer a dime. And the Dawg Pound was packed. Must have been 9000+ at the game.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Were they really a national champion team or were they a national all star team?
    Kind of makes a difference.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read both versions. I have also read it is an accumulation of players from different high schools in Monterrey. Evidently all the high schools in Monterrey can't field a team, so they consolidate into one team. This makes it all the more impressive.
    But there is currently another team from Mexico playing other Texas teams which is also highly touted so I would think this should go down as an impressive win. This Mexican team did beat a Texas team from Brownsville, I think, last week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either way the win is impressive. But an all star team might not be as cohesive as a singular team. From your post, it seems like a city wide team drawn from all the schools collectively. Bet our DAWGS never expected to be a part of foreign relations when they made the team, huh?
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    dave, dave, dave..."impresive win"?...cove beating SLC was impressive...i couldnt have predicted the score of this game (i might have had it even more lobsided, though)...and the Mexican team beating a team from BROWNSVILLE doesnt impress me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he did say the players were quite sizable. Size doesn't automatically equate to speed, but they aren't mutually exclusive, either.
    Kinda wish I'd gone to the game, last night.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Call it what you want, RooDawg, but to beat the Mexican national high school championship team is impressive, especially when you consider that we put up 49 points on these guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    cove puts up 49 points on texas 5a opponents on a regular basis...like i said, i was looking for a bigger spread...i'm not impressed...cove is good, i know, and i know i wasnt at the game to see this Mexican national team, but i really cant see that this win is impressive...it's just another win like last week when they beat waco...again, the win over SLC was impressive to me...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast