Thread: Glitch

Post Thanks / Like

Glitch

When I log in, I cannot see the Education topics. When I am NOT logged in, they are there.
    Is it like that for everyone?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glitch

Not like that fo' me ... :x

Just noticed that there's no "new topic" or whatever buttons for the pro sports forum ...

Post Thanks / Like

Both sections should be good. This is different software than I am used to using.

Thanks for the patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's just how the permissions are set. You can set certain subjects to be hidden from certain user groups. In this case, when you were not logged in, you fell under the "guest" categorization, and since the Education topics were set to viewable only by registered members, you were unable to see them.
    "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

F.A. Hayek

Post Thanks / Like

It was BACKWARDS though...I COULD see them when I was NOT logged in, and NOT when I was.. :-?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was BACKWARDS though...I COULD see them when I was NOT logged in, and NOT when I was.. :-?
    Oh lol, it was the other way around then, only viewable by guests!

I set up a gamer forum that grew to over 500 members. It had dozens of forums and subforums, and I had to create permissions for each of them. Members were only able to see games they participated in, so I had to create membergroups and assign membership, then set the permissions for each member. ANd on top of that, each forum had several layers that you were only able to access once you reached a certain level. So I had to enable a scoring system based on the player data from the game website's database, which was updated hourly. Once a certain level, score, or status was reached, then their permissions were changed to enable access to the new boards.

Talk about confusing. Keeping up with which boards had which permissions was bad enough, but some people would play a game for a while, then start playing another, but stay with the old one. Some would leave the old one completely and start new ones, and some were playing everything imaginable. One team played WoW so I integrated Skype functionality with the forum, then they went to play another game called Tribal Wars. They stayed together as a group there (they actually work at Blizzard so they played these games at work too) but since they included new players in their group at TW there needed to be a separate Skype setup with the TW forum.

Once it got to 500+ members, it became too much and I got separate admins for each one, and now my role is minimal.
    "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

F.A. Hayek