Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Another Dumped Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    As a dog owner, I can relate, Mr Rick. Feel good the little guy lived a long life by your hands and heart. Blessings.

The other day, one of my dogs was in the yard of the empty house next door. About 15ish yards from me. I was standing next to my house. Visible from the east. Invisible from the west.

As I'm watching my dog. A four door, silver, Infinity with a black woman, whose head was hanging out the passenger window. Stops just past the yard. My dog was in. They were driving east and the occupants couldn't see me.

She begins to open the door. I then start calling my dog. The driver yells something that sounded like, "No...garble". Loud enough to scare the dog to where he switches to high gear towards me. Before the scare he was walking.

The car takes off as soon as I yelled.

Have you ever seen the lost dog notices on telephone poles and at the gas station? Usually a small adult dog or puppy?

They're not lost. They were stolen. For what purpose, I don't know. But I'm sure it's not because someone wanted to steal a pet to have a pet.
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; May 26th, 2021 at 4:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we had to have our litttle jack russell put down the other day......lady vet came in, talked to the dog on the couch for a while, gave him the shot, came out and talked to me on the back porch for a while, went back to the couch picked up the dog, wheeled him out to her van on a gurney and took him away. Dog died very very peacefully.......we should all be so lucky......mac (wish I could remember the name of the organization that did this for me, one of my neighbors wants to do his the same way.....mac
    Our vet, who boards her horse with us, came to the house yesterday to take care of her here also.

She gave us a discount on the house call, so we sent some Nothing Bundt cake treats to the clinic today to say thank you.

3. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    we had to have our litttle jack russell put down the other day......lady vet came in, talked to the dog on the couch for a while, gave him the shot, came out and talked to me on the back porch for a while, went back to the couch picked up the dog, wheeled him out to her van on a gurney and took him away. Dog died very very peacefully.......we should all be so lucky......mac (wish I could remember the name of the organization that did this for me, one of my neighbors wants to do his the same way.....mac

Sounds like Paws in Paradise.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    yes sir! Wow, that's exactly who they are...........thanx a bunch.

I would've never believed how kind, caring, understanding and professional these folks were if I hadn't went through the process my self. I was told ahead of time how good they were but they far exceeded my expectations...........mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

6. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for your loss, mac.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    So sorry for your loss, mac.
    Why.....thank you, Swimmer.....it was a while ago......hells bells, we can still hear him behind us on our floor when we walk from the bed rooms to the kitchen...........not really but it sure sounds like it!....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

9. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are times when I think of the dog I was born with - a German Shepherd my Dad rescued when stationed in Berchtesgarden after the war. This dog was a true guardian, and never let anyone in the yard without our permission. When kids would try and leave, he would shepherd them back into the yard until we told him it was okay. He was never on a leash, nor was he tied out. Unlike most of his breed, however, he wasn't a wanderer. He would sit in the front seat of the car, and eat an ice cream cone holding it in his front paws. People loved to watch that. I was 6 when he died, and I thought I was going to die.

I have a lot more trust in dogs than humans.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    I had one like that when I was a kid... My dad found her (Queenie) with her head stuck in a fence at the Gerbers baby food plant where he worked and bought her home that night. She was never on a leash, and was "free range" at all times. She died of cancer when I was about 12 years old and I have never found another like her.

Want her to come home? Just whistle and she was there within 5 minutes.. Or sit down to eat.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rick so sorry for your loss. They do leave their paw prints in your heart forever. I wish our dogs could live as long as we do.

14. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Likes shawnricheson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mac - I am sorry for your loss! So hard to let our fur kids go. The more I know people, the more I like my dogs.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast