Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Another Dumped Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Had two pit bulls running loose today. Called Animal Control and they still haven't been by as far as I can tell. The dogs are still running around. I had to give one water and food. The other seems to have vanished. Both have open sores and maybe mange. The black one looks like it has been fed, the tan one is rather thin, she is the one I fed. Both are friendly and without collars. I hope they get picked up before they die of a heat stroke. Would take them in the house but I have four dogs and not knowing what skin condition they have I can't chance it.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Animal Control is like Code Enforcement - both about worthless.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Today was the day that we have been dreading. Her health had gotten really bad. She was almost totally blind. Legs real stiff. She was having seizures where she would collapse and howl in pain. The vet said it was probably her heart giving out so we decided that it as time to end her suffering. Almost 11 years after I found her.

5. Saddened by kantwin, birdfriend, xzochye, fchafey, shawnricheson is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss but so grateful she had love and comfort all these years!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

7. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing a dog is tough and you will never forget them. Your pup was lucky since she found a real home with you and knew she was loved.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

9. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing your dog sucks. Sorry for your loss. At least you will smile when you think of her.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick... So sorry to hear you lost your fur baby. Ours is getting pretty long in the tooth as well. My wife and I will miss her dearly when she is gone.

I suppose the hardest part is filling in those special times when you spend time with your pup. I was sitting on the porch yesterday while ours was getting a wash and toenail trim and thinking about how so many small moments of time she fills in our lives.

At any rate... Our condolences go out to you. ST
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for your loss, and grateful thatyou were able to give her a long and happy life.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So sorry for your loss, and grateful thatyou were able to give her a long and happy life.
    we had to have our litttle jack russell put down the other day......lady vet came in, talked to the dog on the couch for a while, gave him the shot, came out and talked to me on the back porch for a while, went back to the couch picked up the dog, wheeled him out to her van on a gurney and took him away. Dog died very very peacefully.......we should all be so lucky......mac (wish I could remember the name of the organization that did this for me, one of my neighbors wants to do his the same way.....mac
    Last edited by mac; May 26th, 2021 at 3:34 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

15. Saddened by txswimmer is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry for your loss, Rick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LittleBit.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	9230
    We found this little guy strutting down the middle of the street. Fearing for his life, we picked him up and tried to find the owner. After casing the neighborhood where we found him, posting notices on every pole we could find, and placing an advert in the paper, we decided to keep him. The vet that chipped and clipped him told us that he was at least 8 years old. He was blind with cataracts, deaf, and had but one tooth in his mouth. We have had him now for four years. Given the quality of his life, I have often thought him better off if we had him put down but I cannot bear the thought of not having him with us any longer. I guess I'm selfish but I have convinced myself that even his bad life is bearable because he knows that he's loved.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

17. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast