Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back pain

Post Thanks / Like

back pain

Does anyone have suggestions for back pain? I’ve never been big on taking medicine but it’s getting ridiculous. It’s like a pinched nerve or something. Only thing is I have to be careful about what I take because I’m having a baby. So please any suggestions? I'm willing to try just about anything.
    Laughter is the best cure all & growing up is optional not mandatory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pregnancy Massage.

Went every other week once I got big enough that my back noticed.

It was completely worth EVERY penny! Make sure you find a therapist that is qualified for maternuty massage and see the same one so they can get used to you and your issues.

We were on the dirt side of poor when I was pg with my first and we made it work.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris don't know if this might help, but some people I know, including my self try the cold pack, then heat pack iimediately after the cold. however being pregant I would ask my doctor first... or call a nurse hot line at SW.. It has helped relieve some sever back pain for me at times....

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember - save a horse and ride a cowboy!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Riding the cowboy is what got her in this position in the first place, Dave.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by christine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have suggestions for back pain? I’ve never been big on taking medicine but it’s getting ridiculous. It’s like a pinched nerve or something. Only thing is I have to be careful about what I take because I’m having a baby. So please any suggestions? I'm willing to try just about anything.
    Any tingling/numbness in your feet?
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which to fight, nothing which is more important that his own personal safety is a miserable creature and will never be free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. --John Stuart Mill

Post Thanks / Like
    A good chiropractor can work on pregnant women too...you might wanna go check on that. If it is a pinched nerve, they will "un-pinch" ya.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    You may wish to consult a doctor regarding the possibility of spinal spondylosis. http://www.spine-health.com/conditio...actually-means

Post Thanks / Like
    Christine, how far along are you? You can take tylenol and even tylenol 3 with codiene. I was even prescribed Vocodin for my tooth ache during the second trimester.. BUT, if you are in your third trimester, be careful about your "back pains". I went to the Dr. for "back pain" two weeks before my due date, and 4 hours later I was holding my brand new son in my arms.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am no more than 3months (i think) go to the doc next month.
    Yes iv been to the chiropractor. it helps but im soon back where i started & I don't do anything to cause it that i know of.
    as for the tingling...there is none.
    I don't have any family history that would mean a gentic problems.
    & Dave, Why don't you go ride a cowboy. giddyup! lol
    Laughter is the best cure all & growing up is optional not mandatory!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast