Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the allure?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the allure?

OK, please understand that this is not a criticism, but only a comment/question. I've never gotten into the whole NASCAR thing. I used to watch the Indy 500 when I was a kid, but I think I'd rather take a sharp stick in the eye than watch racing on TV. What is the allure???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the allure?

It's making a LEFT TURN....
    OHHHHLOOKIE.....ANOTHER LEFT TURN....
    Wonder what he will do next?
    OHHHHH...he made a LEEFFFTTT TURN!!!!!

Yeah, I don't freaking get it either.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

For me it boils down to two things:

I like to drive fast. I like to think that could have been me with some different life choices (and a whole different gender...)

It is also fun to watch the personalities. Today's NASCAR has really tamed that, but back before restrictor plates and some of the other safety rules, it was fun to just watch the drivers cut loose and go.

The left turn thing gets boring when the other stuff isn't there.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like

I think for most NASCAR fans, it is just another chance to get together and identify with something or someone....and for real fans, another reason to party !!....My dad used to have us watch hockey, car races, and baseball on tv...umm, talk about boring..but, Dad liked watching them.

HappyKilleenite Guest

I'm not a NASCAR fan but if I happen to come across a race I'll usually watch it for about 15 - 20 minutes. I appreciate the drivers' abilities to control a car in bumper to bumper traffic at breakneck speeds. If you ever watch it long enough to see the in-car-cam view you'll see exactly what I mean. A 500 mile race at those speeds in what amounts to rush hour traffic requires an incredible amount of concentration as well as both physical and mental stamina.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fast cars rule!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just becaue I don't see the joy in watching OTHER cars drive fast, doesn't mean I don't like to drive fast...haha.
    I miss Germany like crazy.

I got pulled over twice one night after I got back...because trust me, once you get used to the Autobahn it is just hard to get UN-used to it. Driving from Kansas to Chicago overnight once...got pulled over in Missouri and then again in Illinois. Both times for going 90 in a 55.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you sweet-talked 'em and got away with a warning, didn't ya???

Post Thanks / Like

Umm...Well...Uhhh....tried in both...it only worked in one of those states...lol. ;

Post Thanks / Like

The wrecks, it is all about the wrecks. Cars bending metal at 200 mph. :ymparty:

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast