Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Neti pots

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never used one. But have seen video on the use of one. It is NOT a fad as it has been around for a couple millenia. It does work. Otherwise, it wouldn't have survived as long as it has. Yes, Scarlett, you will get a similar result with a towel and vaporizer. Whether that result will be equally effective, I won't claim.

Something else to consider about sinus problems. Cut as much wheat product out of your diet as possible. It is theorized the gluten in wheat promotes the production of mucuus. I know that the more bread I eat the stuffier my sinuses get.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Msradar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been using a neti pot for years. I use to suffer from chronic sinus and ear infections. So bad I stayed on antibiotics and other meds constantly. I never got any relief.

I saw an herbalist while living off the mainland who suggested I try neti pot. At first it was but strange...but now its second nature. After a month of constant use...no more sinus infections. Even years later I get maybe one stopped up head..start of sinus infection. I make sure I am using my neti pot twice a day and within days its gone..no antibiotics.

I use my neti pot about once a week for maintainence. If I have been outside in the pollen I use it when I shower. Its worked so well...I rarely have to take allergy meds...no more stopped up head and horrible headaches.

My daughter also suffers from severe allergies...she started using when she had a round of dorm crud going around after two trips to the doctor did not help. She was clear and well within two weeks of twice daily neti pot use.
    yep, me too. We're having heavy tree pollen here in NC and at first sign of stuffiness, I drag out the Neti. Clears it up in 2 days, then I use it once a week. No more sinus infection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMEANOGRE View Post
    Yes, Scarlett, you will get a similar result with a towel and vaporizer. Whether that result will be equally effective, I won't claim.
    Hahaha...a similar result yet maybe not equal result that doesn't possibly have the same results huh?
    That is what I said...it is not the same...hahahahaha.
    But thanks for clearing that up!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get a similar result with a Thera Flu tablet in a hot shower as well. Hell just taking a hot shower would get sinuses to draining.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    the neti works. Gross what is in your sinus cavities

Post Thanks / Like
    If the neti pot can be used and medication reduced for infections and allergies why wouldn't someone try. Isn't it best to take less medication?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    If the neti pot can be used and medication reduced for infections and allergies why wouldn't someone try. Isn't it best to take less medication?
    Thats the whole point! Some of that decongestant medication will give you heart palpitations...and a hot shower...while nice...is yet to clear my sinuses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    any medication; to include herbal, is a strain on your liver, kidneys and spleen. Hence, the less the better. Neti works for me....no more antibiotics in the winter...

Post Thanks / Like
    Long time user of the neti, if used properly it works. I can only speak for myself, family and friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neti pots

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave
    I agree with Owl. What's next? The homemade daily enema?
    I would like to offer up Dave to be the first to try that one out!

hahahahahahaaha
    Laughter is the best cure all & growing up is optional not mandatory!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast