Thread: Addressing Something From Another Topic

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Addressing Something From Another Topic

Quote Originally Posted by THEMEANOGRE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My message to those who cry foul is, if you don't like it, you can contact Rick. I'm sure he'll be happy to refer you to the folks that provide for this forum.
    Actually, if they contact me to discuss things, I will usually be glad to explain my point of view in private and consider their's. I am not completely unreasonable.

Very few decisions made here are made by one person. Very few decisions are made by me without asking for or receiving (sometimes unsolicited) but welcome advice from others. Recently, I have begun reporting messages so that I can easily discuss the matter with the moderators in a special "Reported Post" section before I act on something.

Some decisions made recently were made without my input and or approval at all. I probably clicked the mouse to make it happen after someone told me that they wanted it done, but I am not the benovelent dictator that I may appear to be.

One thing that bothers me is the closing of a thread over the past weekend. I just want to say that I personally felt that thirty days and twenty-nine pages was enough. I tried to steer the topic toward a more positive discussion about Killeen's downtown, but I was unsuccessful in doing so. I asked for input from the moderators along with members whose opinions I value. Not everyone agreed with closing it, but the majority of people I spoke with did.

This caused a member to lash out and attack me in a manner that I won't allow anyone on this forum to be attacked. I decided to leave the comments in public view, but as things like that often go, it was turning into a slugfest between members. So when complaints started coming in, I went ahead and deleted those messages. I want to point out that neither of the two who voiced negative opinions of me had any restrictions placed on their memberships here. I feel bad that someone was offended and I do understand them being offended at the closing of the thread.

With so many places that people choose to point their browsers to every day, I feel honored that people come here to discuss things that are important to them and that we have had the success that we have had. As I have said before, this it the third attempt I made at starting a local forum and I am thankful for EVERYONE who has helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, my thought was that if thet didn't like how you did things, they should contact you and get the info to start their own forum. Then maybe they'll see the #10 can of worms that you deal with to provide this wonderful venue for all of us.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think the can was reduced it quite a bit today.

Thanks!