View Poll Results: What is your opinion?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give the offensive poster a warning, then BAN him.

7 50.00%
  • Let him be, after all, we started this forum due to censorship issues

3 21.43%
  • Place all of the offensive posts in to Nuthouse, a new section that is can be used for viewing only, not replying. Then nobody can say we are deleting posts!

2 14.29%
  • Temporarily place the poster in "time out" where he cannot post for a week. Even toddlers are given a cooling off period!

1 7.14%
  • Continue as is, editing his language only.

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should we ban him?

Post Thanks / Like

Should we ban him?

I have had several PMs requesting the banning of a poster. They have, apparently, been offended by the language this poster has used, and the tone he has taken. One PM said, "People have a constitutional right to be obnoxious and nuts I think, but it is impossible to have any kind of conversation with him in the mix. Is he only trying to get people worked up for fun?"

While several have wanted the poster banned, no questions asked, I have had to keep in my mind that we started this forum due to censorship issues, and I hate to just BAN a poster without "consent" so to speak.

The admid and I have decided to put it to a vote. We would like the majority to make help us with the decision. What do you think?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should we ban him?

I think that particular "poster" has been way, way out of line, over and over again. I doubt other forums would put up with such nonsense ... I vote in favor of banishment ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I PMed the guy earlier. Here is the conversation:

Me
    Do you realize that you just bloviated for 14 paragraphs about how everyone fell into your trap? From the looks of it, you got hoist by your own petard. I see a few scattered responses to you, while you've poured out literally pages of vitriol-laden responses onto this forum.

Does this really mean that much to you? I take a quick look in here when I take a break from work. It's a diversion. You however, invest a hell of a lot of unhealthy emotion in this. You claim you don't like the fact that a clique (that's the proper spelling) is forming over here so you came to break it up. Why? Is your life that devoid of meaning and pleasure? Have you nothing better to do? Get a World of Warcraft subscription or something. Better yet, get a job.
    Techman, response #1:

Sorry, but I find it humorous that you think you're talking to a specific person. I'm an actor and a writer who can play a part. The reactions I got were the real vitriol. I can just as easily play the shy kid who apologizes when there is a confrontation.

Oh.. um.. sorry sir... please don't be angry with me... I'm just a kid and I I just play a game... omg it just the web. no need to be harsh. you don't need to be so harsh! you know this is being a cyber bully and ... and I'm going to turn you in! Ha bet that will get you! =P lulz byosc... OMG Naruto is on!

So does the word Click irritate you? I don't like clicks. They are all about being so uppity and all that....

And I can also play a pompous fool who goes on and on. It doesn't matter the part. it's just a part. The more real I make it, the better an actor I feel I am. You don't think Jonney Depp thinks he's a real pirate, do you?

Do you think that is actual air you are breathing? look around you. what is real? is what you see or touch real?

That is a jumbled up quote from Matrix btw.

But it's all pretend.
    Then he sent this

Techman, response #2:

14 pages of blah blah blah IS my form of entertainment. Acting like anyone or anything and seeing the responses is entertainment. I can make up any crap and alot of forum people will take the s**t seriously. Watching people talk as if they had a Phd in anything and thinking they can assess someones intellect or psychological status while all I'm doing is putting on an act and responding to a bunch of crap is funny as hell! I'm sure you want to protect whatever it is you want to protect, but it doesn't matter. As you said it is entertainment and I got my entertainment my way. I could care less how it made you feel just like you don't care how you make other people when you go on some long winded tirade about how liberals are going to ruin the world. That to me, sounds like paranoia. You might want to have that checked out.

14 pages of crap is still 14 pages of crap. Why get bent out of shape when it is meaningless and people can just walk on by...

Make sure you're not taking things too seriously before you think others are doing the same. I'd hate to see your reaction if this was a episode of Scare Tactics and I was playing a serial killer going after internet junkies. oooo scary....
    So seeing that his purpose here is to just be a troll and not add any value whatsoever, ditch him. The fact that he used the word "lulz" tells me all I need to know. He spends too much time on 4chan learning how to be a dick.

EDIT: as for what to do with this clown, edit his membergroup so that only certain forums are viewable. I like the Nuthouse idea. Admin should have the IPs that he logs in from. Use that to restrict privileges in case he creates new accounts.
    "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

F.A. Hayek

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, this forum was started because we all wanted to be able to enjoy free speech and debate. That was the purpose of this site being made since the Killeen Daily Herald took pleasure in erasing our postings on their mistake. I have read through this persons postings, and yes while I do find that some of them are questionable( ie: somewhat personal attacks, beyond foul laungage, etc.), I can not find any reason other than he has gotten under the skins of some members to ban him from the site. If we start banning members just because he/she gets under a few peoples skins, then we will become no better then the site we all escaped from.

If, as some people say, he/she is really a "plant" ( someone attached to KDHForums in one way or another,) then Yes by all means ban him/her, but only after you have enough evidence to confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that is the case. Other wise, If you dont like what he/she posts, then ignore them!

( ps. and to those who will argue with me on this remember, I was one of the, and sorta still, the biggest fighter in this battle against the KDHForums for denying us our First Amendment rights to free speech, so for me to condone the banning of one member for such a trivial reason would make me a hypocrite)

:ymcowboy:
    Oderint Dum Metuant~~~(Definition of: Let them hate so long as they fear)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_kings
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, this forum was started because we all wanted to be able to enjoy free speech and debate. That was the purpose of this site being made since the Killeen Daily Herald took pleasure in erasing our postings on their mistake. I have read through this persons postings, and yes while I do find that some of them are questionable( ie: somewhat personal attacks, beyond foul laungage, etc.), I can not find any reason other than he has gotten under the skins of some members to ban him from the site. If we start banning members just because he/she gets under a few peoples skins, then we will become no better then the site we all escaped from.

If, as some people say, he/she is really a "plant" ( someone attached to KDHForums in one way or another,) then Yes by all means ban him/her, but only after you have enough evidence to confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that is the case. Other wise, If you dont like what he/she posts, then ignore them!

( ps. and to those who will argue with me on this remember, I was one of the, and sorta still, the biggest fighter in this battle against the KDHForums for denying us our First Amendment rights to free speech, so for me to condone the banning of one member for such a trivial reason would make me a hypocrite)

Free speech and debate are great. But what this guy does is neither. Free speech: he tells people they can't disagree with him, argue with him, or even raise their voice in his general direction because then he'll take it as an attack and launch into a multi-page tirade. Debate: there's nothing he ever debates. The patterns always goes like this: he makes some vaguely insulting remark. Someone objects or disagrees. And then he carries on whining and moaning about people on internet forums. I just don't see what value is added.

I'm sure the founders were all for free speech, but if some clown arrived at the Constitutional Conventions doing nothing but howling and shrieking like a monkey and throwing feces, they probably would have shown him the door.

Also keep in mind that his most offensive stuff was edited out.
    "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

F.A. Hayek

Post Thanks / Like

I was against banning him until I read the emails Brian posted. If he is here to just fight and call names then we don't need him around. There is a difference between passionate debating and just causing problems.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing xzochye. Those emails got me off of the fence.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

After reading your posting on this, and re-reading the postings that this person posted ( granted that what I read was the edited version), I must have to appoligize to my fellow forum users. I admit that I was taken aback that people would be looking to ban someone after only one week of the site being up, and thought this was the same old fight against someone expressing themselves. However this time I took a more objective view and now see that, yes this person is starting fights and making personal attacks. In my opinion, First Amendment considered, this person SHOULD be banned, or have some form of action taken on him/her by the site admins and moderators.

The King bows down in humble apology to my fellow users.

Oderint Dum Metuant~~~(Definition of: Let them hate so long as they fear)

mainer Guest

There is and never has been the right to unlimited freedom of speech.

He's been at this throughout a number of personalities and reincarnations. His MO is manipulation, along with threats -- both overt and through intimations such as letting you know that he knows who you are and where you live, most often in private messages. I guess he thinks that's scary. Yeah, right.

I have never known a nutcase who thought he was a nutcase; most of the time they think that it's everyone else who has the problem...they believe they are perfectly sane. In fact, they think they are in control. That's what they want and crave. Making up for some deficiency perhaps? Those emails also convinced me that he needs to be gone....at the very least relegated to the Nuthouse section where posters can read his blather if they want to (don't know why they would).

Personally, I think participation in a forum has some level of good faith assumption on the part of members. He has no good faith attached to his membership.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is one thing to call someone a name in the heat of a discussion, but it is quite another to come here with the obvious intention of disrupting the forum while trying to settle a grudge with someone from another forum. He was hostile to everybody who commented to him.

Scarlett has done a good job bringing people who never joined the other forum to join here. I would like them to stay and be able to voice their opinions without the fear of someone threatening them or making vulgar references about them or their families.

If he truly suffers from PTSD, that does not mean that people coming to a discussion forum have to be verbally abused. We will be glad to assist him in finding a counselor to provide him the help he needs.

As long as he is hostile to everyone, I say we have fun with him by putting him in the nuthouse and letting everyone watch him. But I am mean like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast