View Poll Results: What is your opinion?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give the offensive poster a warning, then BAN him.

7 50.00%
  • Let him be, after all, we started this forum due to censorship issues

3 21.43%
  • Place all of the offensive posts in to Nuthouse, a new section that is can be used for viewing only, not replying. Then nobody can say we are deleting posts!

2 14.29%
  • Temporarily place the poster in "time out" where he cannot post for a week. Even toddlers are given a cooling off period!

1 7.14%
  • Continue as is, editing his language only.

1 7.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should we ban him?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should we ban him?

I also agree he should be banned. Adding him to the foe list will work with members but if someone is checking out the forum as a guest and see the way he responds to others it might make them uncomfortable about joining. Since he has admitted his sole purpose is stirring up trouble then he adds nothing to this forum.
    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Just let him/her/it be. Everyone can choose to engage or debate him/her/it. Remember, stimulus = response. If the alleged offender bothers you with its/her/his response, the organism's bothersome behavior will extinguish itself. After all, if it is as some assert; all this thing wishes is your response. Ignore it, and it will either go away, or conform.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I apologize in advance for tossing in more pennies, but I promise this will be my last contribution to this particular topic.

I was reluctant to bring it up before, but I guess now is as good a time as any.

There is another post currently active in the forum discussing the financial viability of sustaining a forum such as this.
    I for one would be willing to make donations or even pay a small subscription fee to help sustain a forum such as this one. I will not, however, contribute even a single penny to any venture that would allow the type of behavior described to continue and not ban the offending member, nor to any enterprise over which I could not control who contacted me personally and had the ability to fill my inbox without my permission.

'nuff said.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which to fight, nothing which is more important that his own personal safety is a miserable creature and will never be free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. --John Stuart Mill

Post Thanks / Like

The vote seems to be agreeing with you, Sarge.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

How about this? Ask him to behave and give him one more chance. Most people honor their commitments when given second chances.
    Then again, that means a few don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grubb
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about this? Ask him to behave and give him one more chance. Most people honor their commitments when given second chances.
    Then again, that means a few don't.
    This seems to be where I am at this point. If it happens again, then I get to have some fun.

Locking the topic for a few days, then it will disappear. Thanks to everyone who voiced their opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3