Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    this time of year you can catch crappie from the bank if you park your car onthe rightsideofstillhouse lake road just beforethe longbridge crossingstillhouselake. Walk down to Trimmier Creek.

Pretty downthere too. Sometime you cancatch fish at gravel crossing off of fm 2484 on the way toYoungsport

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I know where you're talking about, as far as the long bridge, but Trimmier Creek?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Geno knows of what he speaks. He is the one who took the picture of me with the bass.

I heard there are some good spots along the Lampasas River as well. Just don't know where.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the spot he mentions at the long bridge, but I don't know the location of Trimmier Creek down there ... isn't that where the Lampasas River becomes Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What's a shame is that I live within walking distance to the river and have yet to walk down to fish it. I am going to change that soon.

As for equipment, Wal-Mart, Academy, Dick's Sporting Goods has rod/reel combos and tackle for any budget.

Gene and I both rave about the 7' Ugly Stick rods. They are great, but a bit pricey. I also have a 6'6" Thunderstick, and it is nice too. I like the Quantum Escalade reels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see people parked all the time down by a Lampasas River bridge along 190 near Kempner. Don't know if they're fishing down there or what. Half-afraid to walk down there and find a Deliverance convention or somethin' ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful of that thar Lampasas River spot. Alligators have been spotted there!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I kin ketch one of 'em ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Then you can sell it to that new restaurant in Cove - Crawdaddy's. They have good fried gator.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Park across from entrance to cedargap boat ramp. Trimmier Creek runs under Chaparal and into the lake above the bridge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast