Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Naw, preferred adding him to the frying pan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, some alligator probably would have ate it if he threw it in his backyard creek.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like

White's

The whites have been biting on 2 inch plastic grubs in Inks Lake. Was down ther last Sunday caught 6, Then again on Thursday (18 Mar) caught 8, all over 14 inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The whites have been biting on 2 inch plastic grubs in Inks Lake. Was down ther last Sunday caught 6, Then again on Thursday (18 Mar) caught 8, all over 14 inches.
    You fish off the bank there, or in a boat? I loved fishing when I was a kid, but haven't fished in years and years. Don't even have any eqpt. any more. Some of you hardcore types give me some helpful hints for how to have some fun and catch some decent fish without too big an investment in gear (maybe using cane poles off the bank)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cityboy: It's really easy to get the right equipment and have fun. To have an enjoyable afternoon fishing you will need: cane pole, string, a hook (safety pin will also work), bait (just about anything you find will work - worms, caterpillar, pieces of bread, etc), a cooler and a 12 pack of beer.
    Once you arrive at your chosen body of water, relax and open up the cooler and have a cold beer. Then take out your pole and bait, bait the hook. Prior to throwing the line in the water have another cold one. You deserve it. Throw the line in the water and just relax. If you brought a portable radio turn it on. Fish not biting? Drink another cold one. Repeat the above for about three hours. Catch anything? No biggee, really. You still had fun and relaxed. Hope you can make it back to your car.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how to do that, brother D! What I want to know is where are some good places to sit on the bank with a cane pole and actually catch some decent fish. Have a little fun and relax. I've consumed enough alcohol in my day to float a few battleships, and no longer partake ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know. I don't fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Inks Lake

There are great places to fish from the Banks of Inks Lake. There is 2 fishing peirs each has a cleaning station nearby. If you don't want to fish from the piers there are lots of place's to just sit on the bank and fish. If your going to bank fish the best place is up by Devils Water Hole from the rocks. Noone needs a fishing license as long as you fish from the State Park property.

I am usually fishing from a boat casting really close to the bank.

Geno

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cityboy: It's really easy to get the right equipment and have fun. To have an enjoyable afternoon fishing you will need: cane pole, string, a hook (safety pin will also work), bait (just about anything you find will work - worms, caterpillar, pieces of bread, etc), a cooler and a 12 pack of beer.
    Once you arrive at your chosen body of water, relax and open up the cooler and have a cold beer. Then take out your pole and bait, bait the hook. Prior to throwing the line in the water have another cold one. You deserve it. Throw the line in the water and just relax. If you brought a portable radio turn it on. Fish not biting? Drink another cold one. Repeat the above for about three hours. Catch anything? No biggee, really. You still had fun and relaxed. Hope you can make it back to your car.
    Dave, why would you want to bait the hook and let a darn fish spoil your beer drinking and relaxation? just throw the empty hook over the side lay back and enjoy the beer music and scenery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point. I'll have to make a note of that for any future fishing trips.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast