Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Rodney Yee has some good yoga DVDs. I know they're at Target.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best ab exercise you're not doing: the plank.

Get in pushup position but put your forearms on the floor. Keep your body straight. Hold for 30-90 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the plank is really hard -- and effective! In case anyone cares, I am down to 190-and-holding from 215 pounds, after finishing the HCG diet a month ago. Am now working out several days a week at the gym and walking in my new Skechers. Wanting to get down at least to 180. I feel great, and have a whole new wardrobe in my closet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Woohoo! Was 215 your highest?

Ain't it nice having smaller clothes? I am still holding mid-180's, not as muscular (LOL) as I was since I hurt my arm, but going to the gym is extremely painful. I am going to try three days a week until surgery. But I don't know if I can stand it.

One good thing that I told my wife was that if I gain a few while recovering, I now know how to lose them.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weight shouldn't be too much of a problem. I took some weeks off and I hardly gained anything even though I ate bad about twice a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had been eating more carbs lately. Not near the amount that should be a problem. But I am reducing them once again. I am at the point of learning to enjoy some things that I like, just moderating them.

I will be at City Grill Friday for lunch. I will have some french fries!!! Probably just half the bun on the burger...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woohoo! Was 215 your highest?

Ain't it nice having smaller clothes? I am still holding mid-180's, not as muscular (LOL) as I was since I hurt my arm, but going to the gym is extremely painful. I am going to try three days a week until surgery. But I don't know if I can stand it.

One good thing that I told my wife was that if I gain a few while recovering, I now know how to lose them.
    Yeah, 215 was an all-time high. I had 6 or so pairs of brand-new slacks in my closet and all my old 34-waist blue jeans that I refused to get rid of, or upsize. Now, I can fit comfortably into the new stuff, and am no longer squeezing into the old stuff. Some of it is actually a little too big now. It's n-i-c-e ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I've upset my better half because the clothes she bought for me b/c I lost a lot of weight are now too loose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm in a 34 now. Down from 42!!! My wife comments on how small they look on the clothesline.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! That's funny ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast