Thread: Windows 7 Problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Windows 7 Problem?

Is anyone else having issues with Windows 7 and IE8 locking up when logging off of this site?

I have been and have narrowed it down to the corner ad. If anyone else is experiencing this, post it here or send me a PM. When I get a couple of responses, I will turn the ad off and then let you try it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windows 7 Problem?

I don't have windows 7 but ever since the corner ads started I have to constantly refresh the page because it won't let me select anything on the right side of my screen after my mouse accidently runs over the ad. I don't know if that made sense....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sense enough for me to shut it off.

Is it better now?

I only had the problem on my Windows 7 computer. Didn't have an issue with any of the Vista or the XP computers I use.

I will look for a fix later, working today.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't connect the two till Scarlett mentioned it, but I've been experiencing the same selection issue she is under Mac OS X 10.6.2.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How is it now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't seen the problem at all today, and I can't even say for certain that it's related as I hadn't considered the two related till Scarlett mentioned it.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Post Thanks / Like
    My problems do not exist since you got rid of it. I connected it right away, but didn't say anything because I figured I was the only one! But, come to think of it, it happened to me at work and at home, so guess it wasn't just my computer....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Much better. I thought it was just me. I also had the same problem as Scarlett and Rick. Mine would lock up.

Post Thanks / Like
    How funny. When Rick loaded that cute corner ad, all I saw were people commenting on how much they liked it...so I figured my problem was just my problem!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Trying to find out what's wrong with the code. I didn't have any problems at first. So it was strange when a week or so ago, I started getting errors.

No big deal though, they haven't updated it for the new version and I am hoping to install that by the end of the week. I will actually have more than one day off in a row for the first time in weeks.