View Poll Results: Should a full contact political debate thread be started?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that seems fair.

18 43.90%
  • No, censorship rocks!

8 19.51%
  • I don't care.

15 36.59%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaints?

Post Thanks / Like

Complaints?

Rick and Scarlett:
    First off, allow me to commend you for trying to do a good job.
    That said, you can't please everyone.
    It appears that some of us are dissatisfied with robust, political debate.
    It would also appear, that some of us can't get enough of that form of debate.
    I might have a compromise that could make MOST of us content.
    Would it be possible for you fine folks to create a thread that is dedicated to tough, knock down, drag out, political debate?
    Of course, no obscenity, threats of violence, or anything illegal would be tolerated.
    But, other than that, everything else goes!
    However, to enter that forum, participants would have to agree to abide by its special rules.
    The details can be worked out and the rest can be tweaked.
    But, what do you think?
    That way, complaints would be lessened, 99% of us would be happy, and your lives would be easier (ours too).
    If you enter the special debate area, you understand that it won't be like the regular area.
    But, no one would feel that their rights are being slighted or abused.
    You folks would not be seen as censors.
    See, I'm a UNITER, not a DIVIDER; unlike that Kenyan carpetbagger!
    Come on people, what say you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grubb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rick and Scarlett:
    Would it be possible for you fine folks to create a thread that is dedicated to tough, knock down, drag out, political debate?
    Of course, no obscenity, threats of violence, or anything illegal would be tolerated.
    However, to enter that forum, participants would have to agree to abide by its special rules.
    But, what do you think?
    That way, complaints would be lessened, 99% of us would be happy, and your lives would be easier (ours too).
    If you enter the special debate area, you understand that it won't be like the regular area.
    Excellent idea.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not so fast!

While I am not discounting the idea, as it does have merit. I do have some issues with it.

First of all, define robust political debate? How would that differ from what we currently have?

Does this mean that someone can post a well thought out response to another well thought out response, then someone else can come in and say, "Spoken like a true liberal."?

Would name-calling be permitted?

What areas would be included? National? State? Local?

I have seen message boards with sections like that and they become defined by the negativity.

I think rules will have to be determined before a decision is made.

This notion that I owe people some rights is getting out of hand. If I owe someone some rights, then that must make me the government, and that means I can levy a tax on your asses!!!

I have another idea about this, but I want to see where the discussion goes first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grubb View Post
    Rick and Scarlett:
    But, what do you think?
    I concur.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick brings up some very valid points.

I am thinking that, perhaps, some of you could either discuss the "rules" with Rick..or, he can teach one of you how to start a very negative forum and you can have at it at your expense.

Rick pays ALL the operating costs for this forum.
    I am just along for the ride...and try to help out with the complaints and suggestions as they come in. And wow...do they come in....all the time, all day, every day.

Perhaps we could charge you die-hard-wanna-argue-people a user fee for membership into that thread? Just tossing that idea out there.

Seems everyone wants to scream and yell that we deny you your rights, yet you take none of the hard work and money that we throw into this into mind during your rants.

Tax them, Rick, then do it....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    Rick brings up some very valid points.

I am thinking that, perhaps, some of you could either discuss the "rules" with Rick..or, he can teach one of you how to start a very negative forum and you can have at it at your expense.

Rick pays ALL the operating costs for this forum.
    I am just along for the ride...and try to help out with the complaints and suggestions as they come in. And wow...do they come in....all the time, all day, every day.

Perhaps we could charge you die-hard-wanna-argue-people a user fee for membership into that thread? Just tossing that idea out there.

Seems everyone wants to scream and yell that we deny you your rights, yet you take none of the hard work and money that we throw into this into mind during your rants.

Tax them, Rick, then do it....
    If you do this (I was initially for it) I will not join that section - I am not in the adult joke section either. That means that I will continue to post in the normal sections.

Thanks
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    That is fine Bill. At least you would have that CHOICE.

I never read the adult joke section either!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm.....when this site originally started I donated money to Rick. He returned it a couple of weeks later, so I assumed it was not a strain on him to run it.
    If some $$ are needed all you two have to do it ask. I'm sure many will donate.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Hmm.....when this site originally started I donated money to Rick. He returned it a couple of weeks later, so I assumed it was not a strain on him to run it.
    If some $$ are needed all you two have to do it ask. I'm sure many will donate.
    Hahaha...I wouldn't be so sure. I don't see a lot of donations pouring in for us brainwashed, liberal, censoring, hotheads!

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll never know unless you ask.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast