View Poll Results: Should a full contact political debate thread be started?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that seems fair.

18 43.90%
  • No, censorship rocks!

8 19.51%
  • I don't care.

15 36.59%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaints?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You know why your money was returned. I will not voice that in public now.

Money is not needed, not at all, but other sites offer a premium membership, so if people want to have a special section, I think that the question of offering a premium membership is a valid one.

But I would still need to see some rules first.

Regardless what the poll results are, I will not run a site that I am not proud of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is fine Bill. At least you would have that CHOICE.

I never read the adult joke section either!
    I guess that I wanted to make that clear - this means that you will get my usual diatribes and when I post the usual people will come along and not restrict themselves to the passworded sections so we will have the discussions in two places.

If you say that political discussion have to be in the passworded sections then a rational discussion of thoughtful people who would like to hear other sides is not possible out in the open and would make the forum less interesting.

THAT was what I was trying to point out. One never knows when a thread is going rogue... You COULD have the passworded section and then when one goes rogue move it there - but I would be irritated if MY thread got hijacked and moved and I could no longer participate in my own thread?

Just some random thoughts...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bill, you have my guarantee that if this happens, the political discussions that exist now, will exist then.

Anyone who forgets that they are not in the "bash" section, will be dealt with. But then we will be back in the same boat with the whining about censorship and the rights that I am somehow paying to grant people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent thoughts Bill...the more I think about it...the more I am NOT in favor of an area like this on this forum.

But I have to leave the decision to Rick.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    Excellent thoughts Bill...the more I think about it...the more I am NOT in favor of an area like this on this forum.

But I have to leave the decision to Rick.
    I guess that when someone starts a thread they can slant the VOTE above anyway that they want -

In the above case it is yes - give me what I want or NO because I am stupid or I don't care - I personally vote no but not because I like censorship. I am against that. I just think that I do not want to have to decide when I have a discussion that I want to put it behind closed doors or have it out in the open.

I think that rational adults should be able to agree that we have a DISCUSSION out here in the open. We can remain civil.

So - my vote is the option above that is not available - NO - but for different reasons.

Thanks
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    I say don't do it for a couple reasons
    1: Do you really want to add all the accounting that'll necessarily have to go into a paid section?
    2: As long as everybody remembers, with occasional prompting the rules of basic public decorum, this is already one of the finest examples of an op-ed forum website.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bill, the poll bothered me too. What some people call censorship, I call maintaining a standard.

It appears that what we have are a few people who do not want to be held to a standard.

I am waiting for Charles to define what he means by a "full contact political debate section."

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still cracking up over Rick being called a "liberal moron." Never thought I'd hear that one! Oh, wait...was that on another thread?

I've lost all ability to multi-task.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's not the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's not the first time.
    That you've been called a "liberal moron," or that I can't multi-task????

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast