Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I HATE Having to log in to read the forums

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE Having to log in to read the forums

Seems like a big waste to me. I understand allowing only registered members to post, but just to read the forums its a hassle to log in each time

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you not leave your computer logged in? Or is it not a personal computer?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    The staying logged in feature doesn't work for me. I am on IE8 on Vista Pro and everytime I close my browser I am logged out of everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    WELL...I don't know what a IE8 is..haha. I am on a laptop with Windows Vista, and have no problems. Interesting.....here is what I do when I have a problem....

RICK!!!!!!!! FIX THIS!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Internet Explorer 8
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which to fight, nothing which is more important that his own personal safety is a miserable creature and will never be free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. --John Stuart Mill

Post Thanks / Like
    Get rid of Internet Explorer and go to mozilla.org and download Mozilla Firefox. Better browser, more secure, faster. And it will remember all your passwords so you don't have to log in every time.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had the same problem as myfoot on my Vista notebook. It would ask if I wanted to save the passwords, but it never did and that was on all the sites I visited.

I ended up creating a new username and it has been fine ever since.

If it is happening to a few and not everyone, it is not an issue with the board although, it may be a cookie issue.

Make sure your computer will accept them and then try clearing them, there may be some old ones left from the old software.

As for the issues that Mr. Kliewer, I apologize for the inconvenience. http://centextalk.com/vb/showpost.ph...08&postcount=6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am on a laptop with Windows Vista, and have no problems.
    That's what I use and I have no problems either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get rid of Internet Explorer and go to mozilla.org and download Mozilla Firefox. Better browser, more secure, faster. And it will remember all your passwords so you don't have to log in every time.
    To my chagrin, I cannot use Mozilla on this laptop. Whenever I come to a page that employs javascript in a secure environment, the entire OS locks up and I have to remove the battery and power cable in order to shut down the laptop. No CTR+ALT delete .... no power button shut off ....

I will try Rick's suggestion to create a new user and operate under that....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ain't Windows great?? Microsoft Works has to be one of the biggest oxymorons of all time.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast