Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: KWTX Morning Buzz, Oct 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that what happened this morning on the show is not what I had been working on with Josh Wucher for the last week or so.

On September 24th, I received the first email from Josh that asked if we would be interested in doing the show. Well, that was an easy answer.

He called me the next day and wanted me to give him a brief description of the site, and things that we discuss. He gave me a basic rundown of what would happen on the show.

So I emailed him a little history of the site that included the candidate forums, council members who participate, teacher collaboration, the insurance topic, the "Ask the Vet" topic...etc. He said that they would find a place to do the interviews.

He then called me and said that he would like to speak to Scarlett and me about the basic how's and why's along with the impressive usage numbers of the site that I sent him. Dr. Buckley would talk about the Vet section and touch on the education section and JoAnn Purser could talk about the candidate forums and city council topics. Two live segments would be shot, the first would be Scarlett and me and the second with Dr. Buckley and Mrs. Purser.

Then Monday afternoon, he called and asked me if I could find a place to do it. You all know that story from the other thread and CenTexTalkers came through with some great suggestions. Java Jo's was the perfect place and it fit right in with our goal of helping small businesses in the area get some attention. They could not have treated us any better.

Well, as plans go, plans change. I found out that Mrs. Purser was out of town so I let Josh know and he said that we'd go with three of us. Then at 8:00 pm last night we found out that Dr. Buckley was called in to work all night and would not be available. So I called Mr. Cole who graciously agreed to be there even though I could not guarantee that they would even talk to him. So I sent Josh an email explaining that change.

Then this morning, Bill King was there to show us some moral support and volunteered to help us if needed. That was great.

As the TV van pulled up, it is pouring down rain and it takes him a little time to set up and get connected to the station. That wiped out the first segment. Then he tells us that we would do one long segment, about twelve minutes. As it turned out, it was five minutes. I guess that is what happens with live TV.

I know that despite the nervousness, I had a great time. It was an amazing experience.

My wife watched it and when I talked to her, she said that we all did a good job and it was a real positive portrayal of the site. She thought that the four of us were perfect because we all talked about something different and that was good.

Thanks to KWTX and whoever suggested the site to them. Also, thanks to all the users here. We would not have had today's experience were it not for your faithful participation in our little hobby.

Ok, I am done babbling now.
    Last edited by Rick; October 7th, 2009 at 7:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, since Rick made such a passionate plug, I will simply say this...

KDH FORUM IS DEAD.
    AND...
    WE ARE DOING LIVE TV.

Who the hell saw this coming after a simple, scrambled message in scarlett letters?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it's been 10 days since anyone posted anything on the KDH Forum. I wonder if they've ever figured it out.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, since Rick made such a passionate plug, I will simply say this...

KDH FORUM IS DEAD.
    AND...
    WE ARE DOING LIVE TV.

Who the hell saw this coming after a simple, scrambled message in scarlett letters?
    Good observation, Scarlett!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys were great, and I was impressed! Hats off to all of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, it has been more than 10 days. I occasionally wonder about those few who haven't made the switch.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6