Thread: Pet Sitting

Post Thanks / Like

Pet Sitting

Has anyone used a local (Cove/Kempner) pet sitter business? My husband and I will be out of town for a couple of days next month and need someone to check in on our dogs. I would love any personal recommendations y'all might have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know of anyone that does drop in but I have heard good things about the new pet hotel in Harker Heights. Here's the link: http://www.stillhousepets.com/home

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a couple of your responsible and mature high school students.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have thought about asking a kid to do it, Dave, and it's a pretty good idea. We have 7 dogs (I know that's completely insane, but I have a hard time saying no to a pooch in need), though, and I wonder if that is too much to ask a kid to handle. If it were your kid, what do you think a fair salary would be for a twice daily trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a mature and responsible student of mine that always does it for me. If you want me to talk to her, I will. She is great. Took care of my cat and dog for two weeks over Christmas. I came home and she had even cleaned out my fridge, done all those dishes, swept the floor and cleaned my bathrooms. Maybe she was bored? Whatever it was, I am willing to share her if I don't need her that same time!
    She is a senior this year.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    For two days, checking in the morning and then coming back late afternoon/early evening to feed them I'd pay them $10 per day. Even 7 dogs is not that hard to care for. I had 6 at my place at one time for a couple of weeks.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well she did it for an A in my class....just saying.....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

Bribery????

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well she did it for an A in my class....just saying.....
    And I thought you were on the up and up. Shame on ya!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info folks. I have one girl at school who is a total animal lover and super responsible to boot. If she's unavailable, I would definitely like to know about your student, Scarlett. I have to make sure the furry kids are taken care of in the manner to which they've become accustomed!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will ask her, just to see if she is interested, and PM you with her contact information if she says yes.