Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Speak your mind and Now they act that way too

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you not see that little button on the bottom right of the person's quote you are trying to quote?
    Oh, you mean THAT one?? Sorry, sometimes I'm a little blonde.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a lot blonde...read my recent post under the youtube link...haha.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    That would depend upon what you think it is.
    A guy spreading his butt cheeks apart to expose the chute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    A guy spreading his butt cheeks apart to expose the chute.
    Nope, It's not a guy. Its a Shiela-Na-Gig, just in time for St. Patrick's day too!

The Shiela-Na-Gig is symbolic of the passage between worlds and thus shares the symbolism of the Mandorla that appears at the Chalice Well of Glastonbury which was known as Avalon by the Pagans who venerated the Sacred Well of the Goddess before the Christians renamed it Chalice Well and used it for basically the same purpose as the Pagans, and the Mandorla of Christian and Buddhist iconography.

This is the symbolism of the Christian teaching of being 'born again' and 'Jesus' being 'the way' in the path between worlds. It is also why Christians have those little plastic fish on their cars. Christianity is using the ancient Pagan symbolism of the Pythagoreans to posit their teachings as 'the way between the worlds'.

For the Pythagoreans this was demonstrated geometrically and mathematically as 'the number of the fish' or Vesica Piscis. The number of the fish, as expressed by the Pythagoreans even appears in the following passage of the Bible for those 'with eyes to see'. "Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.
    4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus astood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.
    5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.
    6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
    7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher’s coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.
    8 And the other disciples came in a little ship; (for they were not far from land, but as it were two hundred cubits,) dragging the net with fishes.
    9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.
    10 Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.
    11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken." John 21: 3-11

Now I don't know that it is particularly relevant to the salvation of your immortal soul that you know that the boat was 200 cubits from the shore and that 153 fish were caught, but those numbers are relevant to an initiate of the Pythagorean mysteries. In the time of Pythagoras, 153 was most significant for being the denominator in the closest fraction known, at the time, to the true value of the square root of 3, the fraction in question being 265/153 (the difference between this and the square root of 3 is merely 0.000025......). The ratio of 153:265 was consequently known throughout the Hellenic world as the measure of the fish.

So there you have the story of my avatar. Aren't you glad you asked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    So there you have the story of my avatar. Aren't you glad you asked?
    Seriously, you lost me right after "Nope it's not a guy."

Post Thanks / Like
    SunDevil, I absolutely love it when someone says EXACTLY what I am thinking.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3