Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ready for some football

Post Thanks / Like
    By week 10 he'll have the Eagles in first place in the NFC East. McNabb will have his annual meltdown by week 5 and sit down and Vick will replace him. By week 8 McNabb will try again and get injured. Vick will take over and lead them to the promised land.
    McNabb will announce his retirement in February, 2010.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry folks, IMO, NFL just isn't REAL football. Its just a bunch of over grown children getting paid way too much.
    Go DAWGS!!!
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw, how can you say that, Mean? Why, San Diego's average QB Philip Rivers just signed a contract extension for six years for a measly $93,000,000. I'm sure he's worth every penny!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that on the radio this morning. Mind-boggling ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how much Jim Brown would be making if he was in his prime and playing today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever the highest-paid running back is making today ... just think, when Joe Namath signed a $400,000 contract, it was considered monumental ...

Post Thanks / Like
    In 1982, I played football with a gent that would put every kicker in the NFL in mortal terror for his job. The man could place the football wherever he wanted from wherever he wanted, regardless of the wind. A pro team tried to get him under contract before he graduated high school. In one game, he kicked three consecutive between the uprights on kick off before the ref told him told him to quit showing off.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    So what happened to him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why, Chuck, he was so great that all the kickers on every NFL team took up a collection for him to ride off into the sunset to never be heard from again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I lost track of him after the season. He wasn't in our squadron. He only played for us because his unit was too small to field a team.
    M.Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast