Thread: Guest Access

Post Thanks / Like

Guest Access

We are in the process of updating our system. One of our changes will be to not allow guest access to this forum. You will have to have a user account to fully access this forum after March 5th.
    Please be aware of this change in the policy.
    This will not affect current members in any way.

Love ya all!
    ~S~

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guest Access

Great idea. That way you keep the snoopers out, or at least know who is coming and going. You guys, rock. D

Post Thanks / Like

that's a good thing.... some people just like to read and not comment very often, so if they do not get deleted for no comments over a period of time.. should be like tony the tiger. \M/ D Or maybe you should have just done it and explained later so as not to advertise

Post Thanks / Like

Six more to go for our ONE HUNDRETH MEMBER!
    I am so excited. Today is our one month birthday!
    (Ok, it WOULD be tomorrow, but there is no 29th this month...)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a little late in posting this comment. I know I am not a big poster I usually only post when something really gets me going because I hate the personal attacks from some just because they disagree with your oppinion, however it does not seem that bad over here. I don't see any problem with allowing guests to read the messages. I hate having to log in just so I can read one or two messages. Just throwing in my two cents, however it will not stop me from continuing to check in and see what is happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate your comments.

My thinking on the guest access is that the purpose of the forum is to get opinions. The more, the merrier. If someone is sitting as a guest and reads something that they disagree or agree with, and they are not registered, then they are not going to join in the discussion. If, on the other hand, someone is reading and there is a Quick Reply box staring them in the face, they just may add their two cents to the discussion.

Also, if someone is a first time visitor, they see that fifty people have signed in during the day, they just might want to see more of what is going one here.

I may be wrong about this, time will tell, but so far, things are going well. Most of you don't know this, but this is the third time I have tried to get this site going. The latest only last summer or fall and it failed miserably.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing and thanks to Scarlett for helping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I see. So the whole misleading story from KDH and their unwillingness to apologize or retract the story and the subsequent deletions of forum posts, was a conspiracy devised by you to jump start your forum. It is all clear now!!
    Knowledge isn't power. Applied knowledge is power. -borrowed quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes, one simply needs OTHER people to have a reason to join...

I personally like to refer to it as a coup, or sometimes a hi-jacking...but whatever....heehee...

Now, had we paid that lady to fake the homeless crap, THAT would have been a conspiracy....