Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Michael Vick Reinstated

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there is too much put into the Hall of Fame for every sport. The only ones there should be the really great players. Just because a player had an above average career does not mean he should be in the hall.
    I agree with you there, Owl. Look at Bob Hayes. He changed the game of football in the mid-60's, yet he was only inducted this year because he got into a drug problem.
    I was reading where Jim Rice, former BOSOX outfielder, and one of this year's electees to baseball's HofF, spoke at the opening ceremonies of the Little League World Series. He said today's players set bad examples for kids with steroids, etc. He's right on the money.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there is too much put into the Hall of Fame for every sport. The only ones there should be the really great players. Just because a player had an above average career does not mean he should be in the hall.

Very true. People in the Hall of Fame should be legendary, not just above average or excellent. They should have to accomplish something historical, not just have big numbers. It de-values the whole thing ... it's probably all about money, somehow, like everything else ...

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO baseball is the only sport where they don't "have" to elect anyone to the HoF each year. I think many great players have not been elected to MLB's HoF. Pete Rose? He should still be sitting in a jail cell somewhere (along with Teddy Kennedy).
    Bob Hayes should have been elected to NFL's HoF years ago. A little run-in with the law over pushing drugs didn't stop them from electing Lawrence Taylor when he first became eligible.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4