Thread: Driver Brand

Post Thanks / Like

Driver Brand

The other day, Kyle Busch was saying that NASCAR has lost the majority of its 90's die hard fans.

Kyle Bush - "?You have die-hard fans of NASCAR, the Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Terry Labonte, Mark Martin, Harry Gant, you name it. The guys from the 90s. Our world today in 2024 is a lot different fan base following along,? Kyle Busch stated ahead of the race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

?I don?t feel like we were able to transition a lot of the fans that were fans of those drivers that I just mentioned into a William Byron fan or a Kyle fan.?

?They kind of probably went away and just stopped following as much. Which is hard to say because honestly when you look at NASCAR, the fans love the drivers.?

I feel like a part of the reason 90's fans haven't latched on to the 00's drivers is a lack of branding. Gone are the days of each driver being a staple to their team and only driving one paint scheme. Just like football, baseball, hockey or any other team - fans want consistency to be able to attach to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shucks! I logged on because you might be talking about Golf. I never knew that there was any other driver with a brand. BTW: Mine's a Calaway. :>)
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. LOL Shotgun Jeremy LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of those fans from the '90s have died.
    Some "quit" when their favorite driver retired (Martin, Wallace, Jarrett, etc.)
    Some left when it was apparent Dale Jr. wasn't going to win as much as his dad did.
    Some quit when Dodge (or Pontiac) dropped out of NASCAR.
    Some quit when Toyota entered NASCAR.
    Some quit when the "Car of Tomorrow" was introduced.
    I know of one who stopped following NASCAR when his employer (Square D) stopped sponsoring a race team. Then he was laid off (Square D moved the production line to Mexico). Then he died of cancer.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

5. Likes Shotgun Jeremy, sojourner truth liked this post