Thread: Netflix Nascar Full Speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Netflix Nascar Full Speed

I watched the series and was not impressed.

It chronicles the playoffs and a few drivers in the playoffs.

If you are a Hamlin fan, you'll love it. There is way too much focus on Hamlin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished it yesterday.
    It was meh . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I like about the Netflix documentary - my Aunt is interested in trying to get into NASCAR with me. This documentary was presented in a way that is GREAT for someone like her who doesn't know NASCAR to develop an interest in NASCAR. So I told her she needs to watch Episode 1 to give it a try before the Daytona 500 comes up.

On a related point, a difference between this documentary and most others is who produced it. With past documentaries, NASCAR has been behind the production. They have a story they're trying to portray ahead of time, they already know the sport, and they're trying to produce something they think is interesting. This time, NETFLIX came in and used producers who didn't know much about NASCAR. They were able to put together something that not only has the NETFLIX level of production, but it was put together by people new to NASCAR who are telling a story that is interesting to them. Hamlin was the only one to give the crews complete access, so it's only natural they got so much footage on him. He told them that unless he told them no to access, the answer was yes. He also said he rarely ever said no.

I was interested in all of the drivers, even the ones I'm not as big of a fan of, and I thought they did pretty good with the story. I was surprised to learn we have a crew chief in a wheel chair!

Post Thanks / Like
    As a golfer, I enjoyed Full Swing on Netflix. I watched Full Speed and enjoyed it as well. I am pretty easy to please on TV though, just make it interesting and not to much brainwaves....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was surprised to learn we have a crew chief in a wheel chair!
    'Bootie' Barker. Last I saw (I don't keep up that well...), he was on one of the NASCAR review shows on the late lamented Speed channel...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    He's been around for a while.

He's been a crew chief since 2006.

2006 Barker was the crew chief for the No. 66 Haas CNC Racing Chevrolet driven by Jeff Green.

2007, Barker was the crew chief for Johnny Sauter and the No. 70.

2008, Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) announced that Barker would be the crew chief of the #55 Toyota driven by two-time Daytona 500 champion Michael Waltrip for the 2009 Sprint Cup Series season.

2018, Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) announced that it hired Barker to its ARCA Racing Series program with Riley Herbst.

2021, 23XI Racing announced that Barker would take over as crew chief for the No. 23 Toyota driven by Bubba Wallace

Post Thanks / Like
    My 20 year gap started in 2001, so it figures I missed out on all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I finished it yesterday.
    It was meh . . .
    It would have been better if they had less Hamlin and more Shannon Spake.

9. Likes sojourner truth liked this post