I'm been following some forums that have been talking about the direction of UMHB football. Where it is at now, where we hope that it is and where it will end up at. It appears that there is more going on behind the scenes. It's clear that at least part of the problem or issue is Coach Harmon. The question that must be asked and answered is how far is the school willing to let the 21 years that Coach Fred had built up from scratch to a D3 Powerhouse National Championship contender be torn down before too much has been damaged?

Here are some excerpts from some of the forum...

* I heard yesterday from a student that many players don?t connect with Harmon as a head coach. A starting safety quit mid season because of this is what I?m told.

If this is the situation, the internal issues are more than we may even realize.

* Wow. I had been wondering what happened there. The player that left the program was #0 Kyhren Deal 6'2" 195 lbs sophmore safety. If you follow the program closely you likely remember him. Probably the most talented defensive back on our team, he stood out BIG TIME in the early scrimmages with his speed and physicality in tackling.

Anyway, what a shame. Unfortunately this is not a one off as discussed in earlier posts (good players leaving).

My hope is that the administration can see the situation clearly & that they are aggressive and intentional about making the best decision for the program, the university and the fans that love UMHB football. UMHB football has transformed our university in two decades, we are in uncharted territory for sure nowbut I hope we are proactive about protecting what has been built.