Thread: Game Notes - UMHB vs McMurry University

Post Thanks / Like

Game Notes - UMHB vs McMurry University

Here are the Game Notes for the UMHB vs McMurry University...

https://cruathletics.com/documents/2...NOTES_2023.pdf

2. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    End of the 1st quarter.

UMHB 10

McMurray 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Halftime

UMHB 20

McMurray 3

Cru has had some penalties erase some big plays. They have to clean that up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    End of the 3rd quarter.

UMHB 30

McMurray 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Cru won 50-9.

Except for to many offsides penalties, the defense was lights out tonight. They held McMurray to two yards rushing and 146 in the air.

The offense was able to move the ball, Tingler played in the second half, so he might be back.

They are off next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the first half both the offense and defense had too many mental mistakes. If this was the first or second week I could understand the mental mistakes, but this is week four! Because of all those mental mistakes The Cru they lost a touchdown, an interception, a fumble recovery and multiple first downs to name a few. I think that Phe is a better choice for quarterback over Tingler. Even before Tingler was injured he seemed to have lead feet, he was okay in the pocket. But, whenever he was pushed out of the pocket he didn't have the wheels to get him out of a situation. Phe on the other hand is more comfortable outside of the pocket and is able to continue to look downfield to advance the ball. The big question no matter who is in at quarterback is the O-Line. The O-Line this year was even having troubles keeping McMurry D-Line out of the backfield. I still think that a lot of these problems and issues could be better handled if Coach Harmon returns to the sideline where he is better albe to lead from the front. The Cru needs to win all their games for the rest of the regular season or there isn't going to be a post season. If the mental mistakes aren't addressed and fixed before they play Howard Payne and Hardin-Simmons (even though they were kicked all over the field Friday night up in Boston). Winning the ASC is the only way The Cru makes it to post season with an AQ. There is no way a team with 3 (if not more) losses is going to get in through a Pool C bid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Tingler had much opportunity to show what he can do since he got hurt in the first game of the season.

Phe seemed to have trouble understanding the party that Padron was sending in. I'm certainly not criticizing him, this was only his third game as a starter.

They are a young team so there's a lot to learn all around.