Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR 2023 Chatter

Post Thanks / Like

NASCAR 2023 Chatter

How about it - let's go racing, boys!!!!

I'm excited to have NASCAR back, but I'm not really a big fan of the Coliseum. It's just too tight to allow much passing. I'll still be watching it.

Some personal notes of mine going into 2023:

- Not a fan of the new Legacy MC. It feels like a snob club, and the cars so far are boring. Noah's car this weekend doesn't fit him at all and Jones' car is a step down in design. Having Gragson sponsored by a resort seems similar to him being sponsored by a time share. At least Trackhouse's Princess Cruise is a festive wrap.

- I'm adjusting to Kyle Bush at RCR. This would be a great time to change the 3 font to match the 8 font and finally retire Dale's 3.

- Let's go Trackhouse!!!! Justin Marks has announced he will be preserving the Hail Melon wall ride car now that NASCAR has said it won't ever be allowed again. Future wall rides will be penalized due to safety.

- NASCAR has made some good changes with road course stage break removals, more sensible lost wheel penalties, structural changes to the rear clip, and extended restart zones.

Post Thanks / Like
    The clash went pretty well, I think. I hear about 50/50 people saying they didn't like it vs did. It seems like a lot of the old timers stuck in their ways don't like the change, and then there's others who like a little change up did like it. A few things I'd like to see different: schedule it on a night other than the same as a major awards show right down the street. The tickets need to reflect what time the heat races start so people will show up for those as well as the pre-race ceremonies. They need to get back to only prior year pole winners are invited. It's way too crowded for a track that small.

Oh yea - in case you missed it, in all that hecticness, Chastain took one person out and one person only. I'll let you guess who it was :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't impressed with it. But it was cars on the track, so it was better than nothing.

With all the talk about how much it costs to run a team, to have that many teams pack up and haul all the way to California for an exhibition, seems like a waste.

4. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I?m looking forward to the return to North Wilksboro.
    Back in the late ?80s when I first started watching, it was a good track to watch.
    That was also when Bristol had maybe 10,000 seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did y'all catch the qualifying??? Alex Bowman smoked the field!

Tonight's qualifying was on the 25th anniversary of Dale Sr winning the Daytona 500.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I watched the first round.

Post Thanks / Like
    That XFINITY race was good! The lady who sang the national anthem knocked it out of the park. My JRM boys did great until they didn't. They got greedy as individuals when they should have been greedy as a team. I've been a low-key fan of Austin Hill ever since I had a chance to meet him, so I was happy to see him persevere in the end.

Ok, XFINITY set the bar, and now CUP needs to bring it!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to tell how good the race is with all these commercial breaks. I didn't realize this was going to be the Commercial 500.

10. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see Steinhouse coming through, or a Chevy winning it! Good for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like Kyle Busch. He's a cocky-ass whinerbaby. But damn, I do like him being with RCR. Man, the Daytona car and this weekends Lucas Oil car are nice! He has started out showing some talent, especially when you consider he's been running Toyota nearly 20 years until this years Chevy. And he is so fan friendly. I do not like him. But he might be changing that this year. For now, He at least has my respect.

Have any of y'all listened in on Denny Hamilins new show? It's actually pretty good. So far, he's been pretty down to earth. I look forward to listening in after he has a rough race or Chastain gets into him again. He seems willing to address controversies around him or things that he's caught up in, so I REALLY hope he gets Chastain on his show at some point this season.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast