Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Notes for the UMHB vs. Trinity University

Post Thanks / Like

Game Notes for the UMHB vs. Trinity University

Here are the Game Notes for the UMHB vs. Trinity University on Saturday, November 24th.

https://cruathletics.com/documents/2...ND_2_NOTES.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had seen that. I guess that HPU coach didn't have much faith in Kyle King. I found it strange that a coach would tell a player something so disparaging. I'm happy that Kyle decided to come to UMHB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes, revenge is a dish served best cold. One thing that UMHB has that most teams don't is the ability to inspire hope in a player to overcome previous shortcomings. I have seen the players react so positively to the coaching and staff atmosphere that UMHB has in plentitude. Many times, saying "I told you so" is a losing philosophy.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Likes yankeerunner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    End of the 1st quarter, Crusaders leading 7-0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Halftime, Crusaders leading, 10-0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    End of the 3rd quarter, Crusaders leading 24-10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Crusaders win, 24-17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bethel beat Linfield, so next week's game should be in Belton.

I contemplated going to the game today, but didn't want to do all that driving in one day.

I watched the Trinity broadcast online and have to give them credit, they do a really good job with multiple cameras and even the announcers weren't overly biased. Of course, they were Trinity guys, but they gave the Crusaders favorable comments. Not what you usually see at the D3 level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to Trinity for an excellent season, there is a lot of talent on that team and they are a real force to be reckoned with. Like others have said...it's too bad that the D3 playoffs have to be based on geography instead of a true seeding.

There was a noticeable change in the defense going into the the third quarter. The pressure behind Trinity's offensive line wasn't there in the second half compared to the first half. There were players that did a lot of work away from the limelight to allow their teammates to excel.

As far as the air horns and cowbells...according to the NCAA, artificial noise makers are not allowed during post season games. The whole idea of home field advantage is that fans and supporters will be able to show their support for their team and that should extend to the post season!

I'm happy that The Cru have moved on to the quarter finals and I hope that we get a huge crowd at the game and maybe everyone should bring cowbells and maybe an air horn or two since it appeared that artificial noise makers are okay to use during post season games!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast