Thread: Game Notes for the UMHB vs. Howard Payne University game

Post Thanks / Like

Game Notes for the UMHB vs. Howard Payne University game

Here are the Game Notes for the UMHB vs. Howard Payne University football game tomorrow November 5th...

https://cruathletics.com/documents/2...Game_Notes.pdf

2. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Crusaders won 27-24 on a last second field goal by Anthony Avilla.

Howard Payne tied the score with 30 seconds left and the Cru quickly drove to the Howard Payne 27 that set up the 44 yard field goal.

Howard Payne has improved a lot and I knew this was going to be a fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taking nothing away from Howard Payne who played great football today and almost pull off the upset, but The Cru just looked like they wanted to be someplace else this afternoon. There were patches of nose to the grind play, but there was too much little effort and hard to see too many Cru players not having the fire in their belly. Although The Cru will be going to the playoffs, if they continue to play like they did today it very likely that they won't make it past the first round. BTW, what was the deal with having to call a timeout before The Cru's first snap of the game? It was difficult watching the streaming of the game with the audio not playing and I wasn't able to synch the radio play by play to the streaming. I wish that The Cru would still do their own streaming at the away games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeerunner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taking nothing away from Howard Payne who played great football today and almost pull off the upset, but The Cru just looked like they wanted to be someplace else this afternoon. There were patches of nose to the grind play, but there was too much little effort and hard to see too many Cru players not having the fire in their belly. Although The Cru will be going to the playoffs, if they continue to play like they did today it very likely that they won't make it past the first round. BTW, what was the deal with having to call a timeout before The Cru's first snap of the game? It was difficult watching the streaming of the game with the audio not playing and I wasn't able to synch the radio play by play to the streaming. I wish that The Cru would still do their own streaming at the away games.
    I didn't start watching until about 10 minutes left in the 1st, so I didn't see the time out.

They definitely are not as sharp as they were last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They called unsportsmanlike conduct against the band? What the hell?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the band did not stop playing when they should have during ball play? I know the college bands always stop their play at that time when I’m watching on TV. But the crowd noise sure can play a big part in some of these games and that is encouraged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya, that's what someone said when I asked on Twitter.

You'd think a warning would suffice and not allow it to affect the outcome of the game.

The refs made some bad calls against the Crusaders all game.

9. Thanks yankeerunner thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth liked this post