Thread: UMHB VS Austin College

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

UMHB VS Austin College

Game time 2:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    End of the 1st quarter, Cru leading 10-7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to update. 11:11 left in the game, Cru leading 38-7.

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The game with Austin College there was a noticeable difference in many of the players effort. It appears that Coach Harmon saw the same thing in the game. Here's a quote from Coach Harmon with the Temple Daily Telegram after the Austin College game.

"What's really concerning me is our maturity. I thought we had too many chippy penalties last week - unsportsmanlikes, late hits. we did again this week, and that's just completive maturity." We're going to start handling that a little differently. I've been a little too nice about it. I'm going to be a little less understanding this week, and I'll get our kids' attention."

I hope this gets corrected sooner rather than later. It seems that when The Cru plays a team that is not at the same level as them they seem to let up on the throttle and not follow through. Just like muscle memory, if you don't do something 100% correct every time it won't become second nature and when your body has to react a certain way the desired reaction won't flow naturally. There still is time to fix the problems before the playoffs start or there won't be a chance for a repeat.

6. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dumb penalties have lost many a football game. Losing ones temper or forgetting what is best for the team always costs in the long run. I hope the Cru can overcome some of these late hits and out of bounds incidents. Fewer flags means better games.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain