Thread: All-Star Race

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All-Star Race

What did everyone think of the race?

I just got home. Once again, Vet-Tix came through with a fantastic seat.

A lot of fun.

2. Likes Grasshopperglock, Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see but welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This video doesn't even begin to show how impressive these restarts are.

https://youtu.be/Cl5iMVHIoVs

5. Likes Grasshopperglock, Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that was a great weekend! We wound up getting our seats upgraded to suites both days, and wound up catching 3 races, 2 qualifiers, practice, and got to meet the crew guys for Eric Jones. I've got a few pictures and video but it's not letting me share to here. Once I share them online, I'll try to link a few over.

7. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad you had fun. How do you upgrade to suites?

As for the race, they really screwed up with that last lap caution.

Any race that ends with Hamlin crying like a little baby is a great race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hamlin has really started getting on my nerves pretty quickly. I don't know what it is about him and Bubba, but they both really think their stuff don't stink. Bubba is a hard one for me. As a person, he seems like a decent enough guy. But as a driver - damn, he's so annoying! If he's not in the top 5, he's complaining and blaming anyone outside of his prestine driving self.

They did screw up the end of the race, but I appreciate NASCAR coming out right after the race and admitting to their screw up. It would have been interesting to see what had happened if Hamlin would have won. Hamlin told his crew that if Blaney didn't maintain speed, he would be passing him to take the win.

The Texas Lottory was outside with their drawings for VIP Suite upgrades. We won both days. That was certainly a huge help with Saturdays heat.

Bob Pockrass put out that Greg Abbot would be waving the green flag. Did I miss something, or did he no-show?
    Last edited by Shotgun Jeremy; May 24th, 2022 at 3:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gov. Abbott waved the green flag from his wheelchair...on ground level under the starter's stand, according to the video at the race on the Big Hoss TV.

(now the Blake Shelton concert that aired was taped hours BEFORE the race. Shelton had a regular stage set up.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Abbott was across from the flag stand on pit road. It looked pretty lame, but there was probably no other way to do it.

Pretty sure Shelton was live on stage. The season ticket holders I was near were pissed that they had him in the infield. They usually do the concerts on the track in front of the grandstands. But to see him cost more. I can't stand him so I was happy that I could barely hear him...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturdays view of the Xfinity race

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

13. Likes Rick, kantwin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sundays Cup Series view

Within a week, I was able to find this guy (James) on Twitter, be in communication with him, and then meet him on pit road. Tire carrier for 43 Jones. He was one of the guys fighting to get the stuck lug nut off the week prior.

Learned a few interesting things about that - when they pulled out the 3/4" impact, they ran it at their Thunder Gun PSI. Apparently that gun needs the lower PSI so it can spool up and pound with each impact hit. So next time, they will be keeping that in mind. Also, there's been a few other teams that have had stuck lug nuts, but for them it's been happening on their last set of tires. So they handle it in the garage and Fox Sports doesn't know any better. All this speculation about how they're being stuck is just that - speculation. They're still not sure.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

15. Likes Rick, kantwin liked this post