Thread: At the race

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At the race

VetTix ticket was up in the grandstands on turn 15 where the spotters are. Including Bill Elliott.

What an experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome, Rick! What a great ending to catch in person!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, honestly, from turn 15, we couldn't see start/finish line, so had to watch it on the screen in front of the section.

Wallace's tire came off right in front of us. His spotters who were standing next to Bill Elliott, were insisting that the lug nut was tight.

All in all, it was a fun day. Imagine watching a race standing next to a NASCAR legend who is spotting for his son.

Christopher Bell's spotter was to my right. A really nice guy. He was happy that they timed the pit stop right before a caution and had a good finish.

Here are some more views from turn 15.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome. I really like Bill Elliot....and yes it was how a woman usually picks a team....I drank Coors light and figured why not.....apparently he was the ying to Dale Earnhardt yang....glad you had fun.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

5. LOL ethelm LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, Bill Elliot was always a good driver. I can't imagine how cool that must have been hanging out with the spotters and hanging out with a legend. Honestly, had you not told us that was Bill Elliot, I wouldn't have recognized him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Bill Elliot was always a good driver. I can't imagine how cool that must have been hanging out with the spotters and hanging out with a legend. Honestly, had you not told us that was Bill Elliot, I wouldn't have recognized him!
    Ya, I didn't recognize him at first. A lady in front of me went to him for a picture and I was thinking, who is that? Then I saw his Llumar hat and I realized who it was.

Shook his hand and told him it was an honor to meet himand asked for a picture.

Since he was working, I didn't talk to him during the race other than to offer him my chair during cautions to get off his feet ounce in a while.

8. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Rick;526694]
    Wallace's tire came off right in front of us. His spotters who were standing next to Bill Elliott, were insisting that the lug nut was tight.

NASCAR didn't believe that the wheel was tight. They issued four week suspensions for the crew chief, jackman, tire changer, guy selling corn dogs, and anyone else they can think of.

10. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post