Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans..(fanatics)

Post Thanks / Like
    They did the Pro Bowl?
    Hmm
    A few years ago, after a flag was thrown for pass interference, the referee said, "Yes, there are flags in the Pro Bowl."

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the Indians opening day. Bunch of drunks in the freezing cold cheering a team that couldn't play for ####, but were much loved. - 78, 79, 80
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

3. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to watch that 15 year old Russian figure skater Saturday night. She is amazing. Flawless and smooth. Also saw Mikala Schifrin hit bottom on gate 5 after the announcers anointed her GOAT. WTF, they should mute those clowns...
    I heard the USA Bobsled team named one of their sleds "Biden", to help it go downhill faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I loved the Indians opening day. Bunch of drunks in the freezing cold cheering a team that couldn't play for ####, but were much loved. - 78, 79, 80
    Major League is one of my all time favorite movies. Cannot think of the Indians without Bob Euker...."Just a little outside...." awesome.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

6. LOL txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It reminds me of Nitwitski, (the stat man for the Rangers games). Fascinated with exit velocities, launch angles, and trivia no one else cares about. He will always say something stoopid like "He almost caught that ball" or "Almost out of the park". Like a 500-foot home run counts more than a 350-footer.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. LOL txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    He will always say something stoopid like "He almost caught that ball" or "Almost out of the park".
    Or like the guy that says, "This is a picture of me when I was younger."
    Well, no kidding.
    Every picture of someone is from the past. When they were younger.
    Even if it is only a few seconds, they were younger.

10. LOL txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I am reading that one of the Russian Olympic skaters(the 15 yr. old female sensation) has failed her drug test. They have delayed awarding the medals for the team event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by birdfriend View Post
    Now I am reading that one of the Russian Olympic skaters(the 15 yr. old female sensation) has failed her drug test. They have delayed awarding the medals for the team event.
    Oh, what a shock. Russia cheated. Who could ever have guessed that?
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    A test she failed last month. from the ESPN article:

"Valieva tested positive for a banned heart medication before the Beijing Games, the Russian newspaper RBC reported. The sample was reportedly obtained before Valieva won the European championship last month in Estonia, a performance that solidified her status as the leader of Russia's "quad squad" of elite women's figure skaters."

CNN's headline s couple of minutes ago was "Russian figure skater that failed her drug test is a minor"....well no kidding....

I don't think this will any more people watching that aren't already....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Major League is one of my all time favorite movies. Cannot think of the Indians without Bob Euker...."Just a little outside...." awesome.
    Sports Illustrated did a story on Uecker several years ago. Turns out that some of what he says is made up (he read commercials live on air, and makes stuff up about the business that bought the ad...)
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast