Thread: Coach Fredenburg Announces Retirement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Coach Fredenburg Announces Retirement

BELTON, Texas ? University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Head Football Coach and 2018 Texas Sports Hall of Famer Pete Fredenburg announced his retirement from coaching Friday afternoon in Belton. Larry Harmon has been promoted to head coach after spending the last 17 seasons as the Cru?s defensive coordinator.

2. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet he would have retired earlier, but for that little hiccup he self-reported. Waned to go out on a clean slate. Can't blame him. Happy Retirement...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    I have met Coach a number of times, and he truly is a salt of the earth person. Big loss for UMHB fans everywhere.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm wasn't surprised when I got the email.

What else does he have to accomplish? He's going out on top and that is indisputable.

And I'm sure that other schools are looking at coach Harmon for their head coach and UMHB wanted to maintain the continuity in the program with coach Harmon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad that the Cru were able to get a coach that has a history with them. The retirement of Coach Fredenburg should not be too devastating. I look forward to next season.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Coach Fredenburg will be hard to replace, simply because of his personality and people, as well as players, knowing what he always expected...Coach Fredenburg evidently has all the respect and admiration for Coach Harmon, which says a lot.. ..I do hope Coach Harmon has a very successful first season.

8. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post