Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What was the outcome of the Sugar Bowl?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, there is that woke stuff. I hate that crap. I actually thought Baylor wouldn't bite on that.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    According to some people (hardline Southern Baptists, mostly), Baylor has been on a steady drift away from the Bible. First Baptist Church of Dallas pastor went off on Baylor on Chris Krok's radio show a few months ago, when it was revealed that BU's Board of Regents approved a motion that would allow Baylor's President to approve the formation of a Baylor-supported AND recognized on-campus student organization for...LGBTQ+ Baylor students...
    It doesn't necessarily mean that BU will HAVE such a student group, it means that the Board will not stand in the way IF members of the Baylor student body want to create one...
    Is there one on campus? I don't know.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Parents Day UT 2006 and its lunchtime. All of the tables were selling pizza and sodas and they were all crowded but for one. I toddled over to the table and asked why is this table not as crowded as the others. The young little lady told me it's because we are the very first nationally recognized LGB college organization (no other letters at the time) and mostly conservative parents tend to shy away. I said I don't see Lambda Chu letters on the banner ( I had to explain Lambda Chu)so how do people know? she said its pretty easy to know and it was then the quite flamboyant lad showed back up to the table. So you must be Corporal Klinger I said ....again lost....anyhow I lastly asked if their pizza was different than the others and she said no, more expensive? no...So three slices and three diet cokes later we were eating and once people figured out that gay pizza is no different than straight pizza.....I had a lot of fun that day. It was really neat running around that place. Oh one last one as I am off topic anyhoo....As we were being taken to the stadium on that hot August day, all we could smell was stale beer and urine and there is this guy telling a worker that he couldn't smoke closer than 50 feet to the entrance...Really, this place wreaks and you are worried about cigarette smoke...WTF....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2