Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year, 2022!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly, I pray for a solution to your shoulder pain. I am living with a woman who is constant pain. There is nothing I can do about it, and her doctors do not seem to be motivated to address the issue.

I am reminded of Paul's thorn in his side when I come across a case of pain being unresolved. That, and instead of cursing the lord, I ask him what he is trying to teach me. Job is one of my favorite stories in the Bible, and he is one of my role models in life.

When things get crazy, it will pass. It took me a while to not get up at 0400 or to look around for a uniform of some sort to get into as well. It will pass my friend. It comes down to the point where the biggest things in life are church and doctors' appointments.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I retired in August of 2018 after working for close to 50 years (36 for the government at Darnall). I am over 70 and wish I had done it sooner. I sure don't miss anything about work. I hope you enjoy your retirement. Is there any hope for the shoulder pain lessening?

4. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year, congratulations on your retirement and hope your shoulder feels better. Good luck with the RV and hope you enjoy it. That's not for me, my idea of roughing it is only being allowed one drink by the pool during happy hour....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

6. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I retired in August of 2018 after working for close to 50 years (36 for the government at Darnall). I am over 70 and wish I had done it sooner. I sure don't miss anything about work. I hope you enjoy your retirement. Is there any hope for the shoulder pain lessening?
    Congrats on your retirement. My wife retired from Darnall Inpatient Pharmacy in 2020.

The surgeon did an MRI, but couldn't see anything due to the metal implant. So aside from going in and looking around, there isn't much that can be done.

I do have a plan to go to keep going the gym and working it there, which will help me keep losing weight too (down 20 lbs since the surgery ) .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

The surgeon did an MRI, but couldn't see anything due to the metal implant. So aside from going in and looking around, there isn't much that can be done.
    It is not very reassuring when the doctor says, ?I will just go in and root around a bit, to see what I can find. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    It is not very reassuring when the doctor says, ?I will just go in and root around a bit, to see what I can find. ?
    Lol, he didn't say that, but it's the reality of it. Since its a reverse replacement, the deltoid replaces the rotator cuff. And honestly, it feels like a tear. Plus, it's very weak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The surgeons had to remove about 1/4 inch of my clavicle, and about 1/8th inch along the front of the bone, plus removed a bone spur. My right shoulder started acting up too, and a simple workout with tension tape every now and again, it has been feeling OK. Hope my doorknobs hold up, and the rubber tape lasts me a while.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep, they start with the clavicle resection, then it is all downhill from there. Of course, the idiot surgeon who first operated on the right left a "J" shaped piece of bone that hooked my rotator cuff, so while I was doing therapy to recover, all I was accomplishing was shredding the rotator cuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, this year will start with me having only five more days of work left. I'll be retiring at the end of next week.

I have been working since I was fourteen and the thought of not having to go to work anymore is a bit scary. But it is time. Neither shoulder replacement went well and I am in constant pain, so I am opting to retire.
    These are a couple of retirement gifts from my boss and co-workers.

I was very touched by the gesture.

Post Thanks / Like
    ,,, the idiot surgeon ...
    Reminds me of a conversation I heard over the weekend...
    I was hanging out at a model train club on Sunday, when they decided to hold a business meeting and discuss an upcoming show. They started talking about possible COVID restrictions, and one person noted that the county it was in was not as bad as other counties, and another person noted that it was because that county didn't have a county judge who wanted to be king, and referred to him as "an idiot", whereupon the first person said "no, you're wrong--he's not SMART ENOUGH to be an idiot..."
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

14. LOL txswimmer, kantwin LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast