Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Every race.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    How about those NBC car breakdowns??? I was in heaven with those! Whoever made those needs to make training videos for mechanic programs across the country. Those made it so easy for me to pause the TV and teach my fiancee about things they weren't even covering. Then when they were able to show the push-button on the hub that holds in the wheel nut - that was what FOX should have been showing us for the entire first half of the season.

Huge props to NASCAR on NBC for last nights vehicle break downs. I hope we get a couple of those per race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, that's funny.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    What a race! Action packed the whole time. Of all people for Chastain to take out, why'd my guy have to take out Hamlin...again...in the same fashion as he did last time??? Oh well - Lets go Chastain!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bubba Wallace has been struggling with his pit crew all season. Last weekend, they exchanged a few of his problem guys with Christian Bell. Wallace still did lousy, and Bell did have a pit crew mishap.

This weekend, Wallace had a much better run, finishing third. However, he got to watch his problem pit crew as they celebrated in pit lane with Christian Bell! Oooffff

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a lot of guys out there who say they won't watch NASCAR because ever since Earnhardt died, it's not the same anymore. I get it. But I tell people that you've got to let the Earnhardt era go and embrace it as a completely different NASCAR. I heard something that further drives that home. Ty Gibbs was born in 2002. So there has been enough time between when Earnhardt died and now that we've had a driver be born, go through childhood, graduate highschool, rise through the ranks as a talented driver (still don't mean I'm his biggest fan), and is now racing in the Cup Series.

At some point, you've gotta let it go and give things another chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, too much competing with NASCAR to watch. US Open Tennis, Golf, Longhorn football. Flipped to it a couple of times but other stuff was on....I am really supposed how many drag stirps have been sold lately. The NHRA isnt long for this world.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? I saw San Antonio got shut down by the EPA. I wonder if it's the same with other tracks. Something about all the oil and tar that they spray on the track has been seeping through into the ground and the cleanup effort isn't cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant the word surprised as to supposed. The death knell was how 1/8 mile racing has been not received. I get it, safety blah blah blah. 1/8 mile drag races stink. And yes, the environment. When Fort Hood decided in 2008 to join Texas Clean Water Certification program, that meant no more pissing and pooping in cat holes in training areas. But back to drag racing, the fuel, the track pookie spray they use. Not environmentally friendly. And the attendance has fallen way off.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1/8-mi;e drag racing has supplanted 1/4-mile racing in some areas SOLELY because, with race speeds now where they are in the Pro classes, some of the old tracks (the ye olde Temple Academy out in Academy, for instance) do NOT have the runoff space for a car moving at 300 mph, 250? Maybe, but definitely not 300.
    The track in San Antonio? It's probably too close to the discharge area of the Edwards Aquifer (west side of US 281 and I-35?), so the EPA felt dutybound to order the place closed. Maybe if it was on the far east side of the area, it might still be viable.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast