Thread: Harvick team Punished

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Harvick team Punished

I guess NASCAR didn't like his "crappy ass parts" and safety comments.

"NASCAR has suspended Kevin Harvick crew chief Rodney Childers for four races, fined him $100K and docked Kevin Harvick and the team 100 points for modification of vendor-supplied body part that affects the aerodynamic properties of the vehicle."

And, William Byron's penalty for spinning Hamlin under caution in Texas was modified from 25 points and $50,000 to $100,000 after appeal.

It pays to drive a Hendricks car.

2. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually thought about buying one of those shirts, but it'd be like wearing an inside joke since most of the population doesn't seem to keep up with NASCAR.

First off, can we please get an in depth breakdown of what NASCAR penalizes teams for? If you're sure enough to charge them 25k, 50k, 75k, 100,000k then bring receipts! That's some chicken #### on the part of NASCAR. Then, Bob Pocrass had reported he's hearing it's for a modified deck lid. Why couldn't NASCAR release that??? So I'll tell you exactly what happened - last week, Rodney Childers released that statement saying we can get away from blown tires if NASCAR would just remove the shock limiter and let the teams lower the cars a little bit to get the spoiler out of the air. The very next race, they pull his car for inspection and find the deck lid issue. Either Rodney was dumb for doing that after bringing attention to himself, or NASCAR just pulled something out of their deck lid.

NASCAR again pulled some chicken #### with William Byron and Hamlin. Whenever the spotter see's something they don't think is right, they have a direct line to a NASCAR rep to have it reviewed. Whenever the crew chief see's something they don't think is right, they also have a direct line to the NASCAR operations center and can ask for it to be reviewed. NASCAR was sharing in-car camera views of Byron-Hamlin incident before the race was even over. NASCAR also had to address why Hamlin was trying to regain his position under caution and sent him to the back of the pack. So for NASCAR to send a rep out after the race and say "well we didn't know Byron got into Hamlin because we were more focused on what caused the caution" - maaaan, get out of here with that nonsense! I'm not a Hamlin fan on the track, but they did him dirty on that one during the race as well as after.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the shirt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually thought about buying one of those shirts, but it'd be like wearing an inside joke since most of the population doesn't seem to keep up with NASCAR.

First off, can we please get an in depth breakdown of what NASCAR penalizes teams for? If you're sure enough to charge them 25k, 50k, 75k, 100,000k then bring receipts! That's some chicken #### on the part of NASCAR. Then, Bob Pocrass had reported he's hearing it's for a modified deck lid. Why couldn't NASCAR release that??? So I'll tell you exactly what happened - last week, Rodney Childers released that statement saying we can get away from blown tires if NASCAR would just remove the shock limiter and let the teams lower the cars a little bit to get the spoiler out of the air. The very next race, they pull his car for inspection and find the deck lid issue. Either Rodney was dumb for doing that after bringing attention to himself, or NASCAR just pulled something out of their deck lid.

NASCAR again pulled some chicken #### with William Byron and Hamlin. Whenever the spotter see's something they don't think is right, they have a direct line to a NASCAR rep to have it reviewed. Whenever the crew chief see's something they don't think is right, they also have a direct line to the NASCAR operations center and can ask for it to be reviewed. NASCAR was sharing in-car camera views of Byron-Hamlin incident before the race was even over. NASCAR also had to address why Hamlin was trying to regain his position under caution and sent him to the back of the pack. So for NASCAR to send a rep out after the race and say "well we didn't know Byron got into Hamlin because we were more focused on what caused the caution" - maaaan, get out of here with that nonsense! I'm not a Hamlin fan on the track, but they did him dirty on that one during the race as well as after.
    I bet it's comforting for the drivers to know that NASCAR can only focus on one car at a time in the event of a multi-car wreck.

Hamlin is a big baby. He should shut the hell up. He hit Byron a couple times under caution after the spin. The difference, Byron was talented enough to not spin out as a result.

6. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post