Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to watch

Post Thanks / Like

Who to watch

Ok Gents,

I'm finally in a good position to start watching NASCAR full time for 2022. I caught the last couple races for 21, and have been watching the news on these new cars coming out. What I need to know is what are some good Nascar pre-race shows to watch, and who are some of the bigger names to watch. I'm not sure who I want to root for just yet, but it would be easier if I had a smaller pool to watch rather than the whole field. Are there any good youtube videos that explain the point race? I probably stopped watching the season before they started the new point system (I remember the following season was when they started sectioning up the races).

I'm excited to see they're talking about bumping the HP back up on these new cars. Granted they're still not up where they could be, but I'll take what I can get. The drivers seem to be looking forward to the new cars so far which is a difference from when they were bringing in the "car of tomorrow". I saw in testing, one of the tracks they ran on was a dirt track. Do they have a dirt track in with the Nascar Cup races?

As far as resources, are there any you think I should look into to help get caught up on things? So far, it's primarily been Nascar.com and the FB newsfeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as TOP sees this he will hook a brother up. I am sure of it. Have a good Christmas, Fred.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. Thanks Shotgun Jeremy thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    NASCAR put several tons of dirt inside Bristol this year to run on dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NASCAR put several tons of dirt inside Bristol this year to run on dirt.
    In the infield or on the track? I can't imagine dirt sticking on that banking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They covered the track with dirt.

As for who to watch, that's really your preference. Some people, like me, like teams. For example, I was a Stewart fan when he drove, now I want to see Stewart/Haas teams win.

7. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bristol got a FOOT or so of dirt piled onto it! Race was delayed a bit due to massive amounts of rainfall. The dirt didn't wash off the track..it turned into MUD! Remember some pre-race commentary with one of the reporters falling into it...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

9. LOL Shotgun Jeremy LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the XFinity Series not get the car upgrade like the Cup Series did? If not, did the Xfinity Cars get any performance improvements since they're now racing a different car from the Cup cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought I'd see the day that an Earnhardt would be driving #24 for NASCAR, yet here we are on Xfinity with it happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That was a scary of a crash at the end of the Xfinity race. Nothing left of the car and thankfully and amazingly, the driver walked away from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was very impressed and happy to see all of the safety measures engage exactly as they were supposed to. The crash fence worked beautifully, the engine disengaged as it was supposed to, and the car held together very well. The fire suit, HANS device, and helmet all worked perfectly and the driver was able to get out of the car on his own. I bet it was a wild ride and wonder what it sounded like for the drivers and fans that were right there when it happened! I saw it happened right in front of Michael Jordan.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast