Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Who to watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Starting with Kansas, NASCAR will start live streaming cameras inside every cup car during the Cup race. You can find it at NASCAR.com on race day. I've been watching them off and on during the season and it can be interesting to have up while the race is on TV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a small track in Killeen, but the people preferred the area be transformed into a Wal-Mart and fast food joints.

My problem is with the name. They haven't been "stock" cars for years, so they shouldn't be allowed to call them stock cars.
    My daughter and I went to the Killeen track quite a few times. She's a racing fanatic. Any type of racing. Once the subdivisions went up along Stan Schleutter, I knew it wouldn't be long before the track would have issues with noise.
    I think even into the 90's, the roof and deck lid were "stock".
    They got away with calling them stock cars because they had to fit templates to make sure they were within some tolerance. Whether or not that was actually based on the stock model or not, I'm not sure, but I know they used templates.
    Last edited by kantwin; September 8th, 2022 at 12:12 PM.

3. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NC Legislature has approved sending 4M to Wilkesboro to go towards the needed renovations of Wilkesboro Speedway.

Post Thanks / Like
    When Lowes Home Improvement bought the sponsorship of Charlotte Motor Speedway, which became Lowes Motor Speedway, some NASCAR fans (me included!) wondered out loud out, why they didn't just "sponsor" or buy the track at North Wilkesboro--heck, Lowes IS based out of North Wilkesboro! Would've been cheaper than sponsoring Charlotte!

Of course, karma being karma, the winner of the first three Cup races at Lowes/North Wilkesboro Motor Speedway might have been Tony Stewart...driver of the Home Depot Chevrolet...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

6. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sort of reminds me of the saw about churches going "commercial". New song? My Doge is an awesome Dodge, better than Chevy or Ford.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My daughter and I went to the Killeen track quite a few times. She's a racing fanatic. Any type of racing. Once the subdivisions went up along Stan Schleutter, I knew it wouldn't be long before the track would have issues with noise.
    Ya, like the idiots who build a house near an airport, then complain about the noise of the planes.

9. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.
    One of the first pieces of paperwork we signed when we bought our house here in Enterprise was a notice that there was frequent helicopter training in the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always saw living near the track as a perk. I used to love visiting family over there and hearing the cars when we'd be out back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought our first house in Willow Springs without even knowing there was a track back there. I can remember the first time the roar kept me up well past midnight, due to the racing, and asking myself if I had done my homework before buying the house. My answer was that I knew that an airport was going to produce frequent noise, as does Skylark right now for me and my wife. But the racetrack was a well kept secret, and probably for good reason.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    The first house I bought in Killeen just off of Westcliff, on Fleetwood. I knew Skylark was there.
    What I didn't know was how most of the American Eagle flights would use the Mickey's right behind the house as a landmark to do their turn from base to final.
    I'd hear the plane coming, and gradually turn up the volume on the TV until they passed.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast