Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching 1/8 mile racing is just boring to me. Too much time between, not enough race. I'm not watching it anymore.

2. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to get my fiancee to a top fuel race at some point. SA closed down, but I think there's still a track near Dallas. I told her we don't have to stay the whole time but the feeling in those stands is something you should experience at least once in your life, even if only for a few runs. As much as she's taken to motorsports with me, I think she will be impressed.

4. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you get her to get a good whiff of some nitro methane. She will love you long time for that.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

6. LOL Shotgun Jeremy LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was in high school in Wisconsin, there was a track just outside town, Great Lakes Dragway.
    Plenty of top fuel, funny car, even rocket cars.
    Good times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dad used to take us to the Spring Nationals in Old Bridge Township, New Jersey. My two favorite Hot Wheels were the Don "The Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen. Good times, real good times....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember seeing Big Daddy Don Garlits.
    His car was fast.
    One Labor Day weekend, in the finals, he blew a blower belt on the burn out, and couldn't make the run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember seeing Big Daddy Don Garlits.
    His car was fast.
    One Labor Day weekend, in the finals, he blew a blower belt on the burn out, and couldn't make the run.
    Don Garlits experimented with aircraft tires on the front of his car for a bit.......aaaah the 70's......
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Big Daddy's use of aircraft tires is from the '80s or '90s, I think.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to get my fiancee to a top fuel race at some point. SA closed down, but I think there's still a track near Dallas. I told her we don't have to stay the whole time but the feeling in those stands is something you should experience at least once in your life, even if only for a few runs. As much as she's taken to motorsports with me, I think she will be impressed.
    Texas Motorplex in Ennis (the track is about 14 miles east of I-35E on US 287, east of Waxahachie). Pretty much the ONLY dragstrip left in the Dallas/Fort Worth area...unless they're still running at the "hole in the wall" Yello Belly Dragstrip in east Grand Prairie.
    There used to be a dragstrip north of Denton, but the owner turned it into a parking lot for truck drivers to stash their rigs.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    It's sad how many race tracks are disappearing, yet there's not been any new ones popping up in the state that I know of. There's COTA, but that's about it.

Even when you take a look at motorsports in general, the fanbase has gone way down. My fiancee and I enjoy it, of course but if I want to talk to anyone outside of the house there just isn't anyone. When's the last time you saw any Nascar related sticker on a car? Heck, if you go up to Texas Motor Speedway on Nascar weekend, Dallas doesn't even do anything to recognize we have a major race going on. They need to bring the Cowboys energy on race weekend.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast