Ok Gents,

I'm finally in a good position to start watching NASCAR full time for 2022. I caught the last couple races for 21, and have been watching the news on these new cars coming out. What I need to know is what are some good Nascar pre-race shows to watch, and who are some of the bigger names to watch. I'm not sure who I want to root for just yet, but it would be easier if I had a smaller pool to watch rather than the whole field. Are there any good youtube videos that explain the point race? I probably stopped watching the season before they started the new point system (I remember the following season was when they started sectioning up the races).

I'm excited to see they're talking about bumping the HP back up on these new cars. Granted they're still not up where they could be, but I'll take what I can get. The drivers seem to be looking forward to the new cars so far which is a difference from when they were bringing in the "car of tomorrow". I saw in testing, one of the tracks they ran on was a dirt track. Do they have a dirt track in with the Nascar Cup races?

As far as resources, are there any you think I should look into to help get caught up on things? So far, it's primarily been Nascar.com and the FB newsfeed.