Thread: Linfield's Brock Klosterman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Linfield's Brock Klosterman

During Saturday's game, Linfield's Brock Klosterman was injured with concussion type symptoms. Prior to the flight to Oregon, he was taken to an emergency room in Temple and admitted to the ICU where he has been since.

A Go Fund Me was set up for medical and the family's expenses hotel, food, rental car, while he was hospitalized.

Yesterday evening, UMHB athletics posted the link to go fund me and at that time, there had been about $18,000 donated. Since then it has increased to more than $32,000.

Brock's mother posted this on go fund me:

This text is more about sharing the love we are feeling. We are overwhelmed and just plain humbled with the outpouring of love, support, and generosity of not only our own Linfield and Tigard families, but also the Mary Hardin Baylor family. I know that many of you have felt like you want to do more, but the distance makes it impossible. The go fund me page has lifted so many more burdens than just financial, and I can't thank you guys enough. Word of Brock has spread - We've had the president of UMHB deliver Chick-fil-A and milk shakes last night. We shared prayers and tears together and it was a sweet moment. Their student Director delivered dutch brothers this morning. Their Chaplin came by for a visit and prayer. Their athletic Director is bringing us lunch today. We've also had several parents of football players for UMHB offer their homes, beds, washing machines and whatever else they could possibly do. God's goodness and love has been tangible here. Through you there and the people here we feel held in His hands, comforted and loved. So from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!!!!

2. Likes Ricky, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    During Saturday's game, Linfield's Brock Klosterman was injured with concussion type symptoms. Prior to the flight to Oregon, he was taken to an emergency room in Temple and admitted to the ICU where he has been since.

A Go Fund Me was set up for medical and the family's expenses hotel, food, rental car, while he was hospitalized.

Yesterday evening, UMHB athletics posted the link to go fund me and at that time, there had been about $18,000 donated. Since then it has increased to more than $32,000.

Brock's mother posted this on go fund me:
    Texans being Texans. It makes me proud to live here.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. Likes Rick liked this post