Thread: Local UMHB Coverage

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Local UMHB Coverage

I think it's a shame how there is very little UMHB news in the local media. We're talking about a perennial top five team in the country and they just ignore them.

Hell, the KDH rag had a story about a couple of Michigan sorry ass teams and nothing about a team in the local area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we are talking about a local media that reports a murder in Killeen on page 5 and 6 of the paper, while it is headline news on the internet.

Like we all know... you can fill volumes with what is not printed. UMHB must not be high on their agenda.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    101.7 uses to carry the live games for UMHB. now that it is a Latino station......One can still get the games live on 1330 and 93.9, but I know what you mean about printed media. I sometimes miss not getting the KDH, but then I can get better puzzles for free from the LA Times.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I listen to the games on 93.9 even while at the games. It is not the best broadcast. It was much better when 101.7 had the games.

But I wanted to read what happened to the first and second string quarterbacks. #1 QB, Kyle King, was dressed, but had a boot on his left leg, so obviously, he got hurt, and #2 QB Tommy Bowden, only went in as the holder for kicks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a shame how there is very little UMHB news in the local media. We're talking about a perennial top five team in the country and they just ignore them.

Hell, the KDH rag had a story about a couple of Michigan sorry ass teams and nothing about a team in the local area.
    UMHB is on the "wrong side" of the county. You apparently need to read the Temple Daily Telegram or even the Belton Journal (that still around?) to get Cru stories. May have to spring for a subscrib or hit the convenience store in Belton to get your hands on the Belton paper...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    UMHB is on the "wrong side" of the county. You apparently need to read the Temple Daily Telegram or even the Belton Journal (that still around?) to get Cru stories. May have to spring for a subscrib or hit the convenience store in Belton to get your hands on the Belton paper...
    I wonder which side of the county those Michigan sorry ass teams are on...lol

Nine players on the current roster are from Killeen or Copperas Cove and people might want to keep up with them.

I won't be subscribing to the Temple newspaper since it's all I can do to spring for the KDH online mess. Same company and the stories are already written...Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Local news had a think with Coach F. today. Must be a slow news day.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    KWTX usually has him on Monday with their recap of the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    KWTX usually has him on Monday with their recap of the game.
    Well, at least someone realizes what a class act Coach Pete is, and talks to him. Ever notice how he never takes an opponent for granted, or talks badly about anyone. He truly is a nice person. Loves his team too.