Thread: Leaky Fireplace

Post Thanks / Like

Leaky Fireplace

Any suggestions on who to call for a leaky fireplace? About 10 minutes after the last storm we had a corner of my fireplace started leaking. It only leaked on one corner, up front near the chain curtain. It didn't leak throughout the entire storm either. I've looked outside but nothing appears out of place.

I called Ables Top Hat because their webpage say free estimates. However, their idea of a free estimate is telling me how much their inspection fee will be. That alone is $110-210.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think you'll need to contact a roofer.

It may be leaking where the fireplace meets the roof.

Lange roofing didn't charge us for an estimate several years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete Martinez Roofing, to me is very reputable as well. Fireplace, flashing, shingles, wind......worse if its a two story place I am afraid.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... Sounds like a roof issue more than a fireplace issue. When I had my roof redone, the illegals that did it tore some of the flashing off of the edges. I had a friend in the repair business fix it. I need to get someone to look at mine as well... The thing I have is designed for those fancy fire logs you buy at the store, and I always burn real logs. And the fireplace is starting to get old and get a few cracks in it, so I probably need to get it replaced.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I had my roof replaced in May 2020 and they replaced the flashings and all of that. They don't look like they were damaged recently or anything. I found 2 other fireplace repair company's so I will give them a call and maybe call the roofers to come back out and give it a look.

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me like the roofers may have pooched things up.

7. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No leaks from the fireplace this morning!

BOYCOTT

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."