Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gruden

Post Thanks / Like

Gruden

Thoughts on him resigning? Always liked him but if the emails are true?-just can?t write that stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Was watching the game last night, when that became breaking news. Adam Shefter of ESPN stated that Al Davis and his son, Mark loved the man and pursed him and persuaded him to come to work for 10 years/100 million. I read what he wrote, email, like posting on the internet or social media, it is there forever. I understand his unhappiness with some people and policies, but writing that someone has lips as big as Michelin tires is uncalled for. That remark has no bearing on the intent in a sentence. I believe he will be the first of quite a few to go away. He did do one positive thing with this, and that is, he got the heat off Urban Meyer for ditching his team in a loss to go get a lap dance.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. Likes ethelm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... writing that someone has lips as big as Michelin tires is uncalled for. ...
    OK, perhaps Michelin tires was a bit of hyperbola but would it have made a difference if he had said a bratwurst instead? Any excuse will do these days to cancel people. All the comedians from two years ago and back could be canceled for what they have said or written. Get a life!
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think people are missing the real point.

While everyone was worried about a team being called the "Redskins", the real problem was the toxic work environment in the organization.

Post Thanks / Like
    When Gruden wrote "Dumborris Smith has lips the size of Michelin tires", Gruden explained he was referring to "Rubber lips", or a person that is a liar. Gruden wasn't with the NFL or ESPN, but working with a high school. The toxic environment is the Goodell ran NFL back then according to Gruden. I think he is out because he also referred to the then VP, Joe Biden as a "nervous clueless pussy". Good article below.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...t1momv1xkg9bpp
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya, but the only reason they are looking at the Redskin's emails is because of the reported toxic work environment.

I wonder if the investigation started when Snyder was so adamant against dumping the Redskins name?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, but the only reason they are looking at the Redskin's emails is because of the reported toxic work environment.

I wonder if the investigation started when Snyder was so adamant against dumping the Redskins name?
    Yes, Bruce Allen was indeed part of that horrid work environment at Washington. I understand now what you mean. Gruden is a by product of that. Got it.
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had a great love for Gruden, but to me, looking back ten years to emails and personal messages sent is absolutely stupid and a great example of us being "woke". ..... Blacks use the N word freely, and use all kinds of vulgar and obscene language in today's world....what happens? Nothing. ...If a white person uses the N word, there is going to be a bad fight. Blacks only permitted.. ...Wilbon, on PTI thinks it is just fine, blacks using the N word, ...it is a "brotha" thing. ..Why do people like Jimmy Kimmel and Joy Behar get away with using black face, when any conservative is raked over the coals, with the possibility of being taken off the air, and put in the national news as being such racists, when they used black face in college or did anything..anything that could be perceived as racist.. . ....even if it was 20 or 30 years ago....BET and black entertainers are so obviously racist, it is unreal, but...they all get a free pass, because... we, and only us, are the ones being "Woke".

Let's go, Brandon !?!?
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 13th, 2021 at 4:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    P.J. Fleck is the head football coach at Minnesota, and he is a great motivational speaker. ...I heard him speak, and one of the first things he did was ask everyone what kind of person they thought they were...... Then he asked everyone to get their phones out, unlock them, and go to their text messages. Then he told everyone, "Now, I want you to exchange phones with another person sitting close to you, with your text messages open"...After a little mumbling, and subdued laughing, ... Fleck said that he really didn't want everyone to do that....but just thinking about doing that with another person might have you reflect on yourself, and what kind of person you are....He then started talking about people and what was really important in their lives...what kind of people they were. .... I think he made a point. ....
    I don't think Gruden was thinking along those lines when he wrote the things he wrote.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 13th, 2021 at 4:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure that just about anyone has said embarrassing things in the past. For Christ's sake (and there will be those that would hold that term against me), people say stupid #### that they don't mean anything by, and I have no idea if Gruden made a couple of ill conceived remarks or if his internet history is rife with problems. Apparently nothing in 10 years. And not a long history of remarks. We can let Reverend Al become a major voice after his years of white and Jew bashing, his Tawana Brawley felony............. double standard, much?

####ing snowflakes.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast