Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gruden

Post Thanks / Like
    But if Gruden were a liberal comedian, he could get away with almost anything. Maybe even going blackface.

The thing about the internet, is that , once you post something, it is there forever... And todays society loves to crucify people on things they may have said years ago. Simple rule of thumb... If you don't want to get burned, don't play with matches on the internet.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    . ...Gruden now taken down from the Buccaneers Ring of Honor, while Warren Sapp, thug, who solicited prostitutes, was charged with domestic violence, and assault, remains. ....Remember Michael Irvin and his history? He was in a very public scandal..ran around on his wife and family with prostitutes and strippers while partying, was a cocaine and marijuana user who pled no contest to his charges and got a slap on the wrist,.... ...all of this very public and in the news.but was just forgotten and forgiven by many ...Where is he now? He was a tv game announcer for awhile, making lots of money...and he is in the Cowboys Ring of Honor, along with several other Cowboys that had questionable character.
    Jordan Brand chairman Larry Miller, a black man, reveals murdering an opposing gang member in 1965 and going to prison. He just revealed this in Sports Illustrated....He's had all kinds of high profile jobs with different big name companies, but has never revealed this part of his past until now. ...Of course, all the big wigs at the companies where he has worked comment on how just because you killed a man, and went to prison does not punish you for life, does not mean you are bad, deserve another chance, etc, etc, etc. ..I wonder if he lied on all of his job applications?...Thank goodness he didn't write some hurtful emails and text messages !
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 14th, 2021 at 6:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is/was a sports writer in Dallas/Fort Worth, who made the claim over the weekend that ESPN is "complicit" in the Gruden story, as that network PUT that man on national television! OF course , NO ONE who worked with him then claim s that they saw ANY level of racist activity or statements from him during his time there...but he took another swipe at ESPN by noting that the cable channel had one employed both Gruden AND Rush Limbaugh to do sportscasts..."What, was David Duke too busy?"
    Must be sportswriter who is a flaming Liberal...in the same piece, he noted that last weekend was the last weekend for the State Fair of Texas, and "reminded" his readers that the Fair used to do an official "Ku Klux Klan Day' during the Fair's run...and that "eminent domain" was used to evict Blacks from the homes during an expansion of the Fair Park complex...
    Forgot if it was in the Startle-gram or the Mourning Noose...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone found copies of the emails online? I don't trust the NYT to tell me what is in them.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

6. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the responses and I agree with many! I hate that something a person said YEARS ago is now in the spotlight. Things have changed and judging in the same light of today something said in the past just doesn’t seem right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, one thing I have learned over time is that nothing is ever forgotten or forgiven where Liberals are concerned. Even a heartfelt apology is not forgiven. And why? Because the people being asked for forgiveness have a power over the person asking.

I am glad I will be judged by someone who knows how to forgive and forget.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. Likes ethelm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, nothing is forgotten by the Democrats, except for the fact that they started the KKK and voted against Civil Rights.

11. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to the black player's rep that one of Gruden's emails mentioned. ...Bryant Gumble did an interview with him on Real Sports. I will guarantee you he is more racist than Gruden ever was, and he can talk about whites any way he wants in emails, or in newspapers or magazines.
    Made the mistake of turning the tv to Stephen Colbert last night just to see what he was doing since he couldn't make fun of or criticize Trump every single night now. .....He had a black guy on his show that calls himself Charlemagne the God. He has a tv show on late night now, I think on BET . ...Colbert, of course was just worshipping this guy, fawning all over him, and he mentioned what the titles of the God's first four shows were. ...The titles always started out with "the Decrackerization of" (fill in the blank,... I forget , but I think it was the FBI, maybe the Supreme Court, as a couple of the titles) Do you think Colber or anyone else on network television is going to say that what this guy is saying is racist? Colbert couldn't kiss this guy's butt enough...and the God is getting rich off of all his racist trash, with books, pod casts, public speaking, etc. ...The "God" also talked about how the Democrats were disappointing the AAs now, and listed the things they should do for "African Americans". ...It is never enough. It never has been, and I doubt if it ever will be.
    I have never considered myself racist, at all, but...in today's world...it is getting harder and harder to feel that way anymore.
    To be real about it, I have wondered if blacks in today's world are as a whole, much more racists than whites are . I just know that I am getting tired of listening to all the propaganda, white shaming, white bashing, and "racism" on tv in today's world.
    IMO, "racism" was a huge part of Donald Trump's defeat, and a great example of how the media can influence everything in our lives today.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 20th, 2021 at 2:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are all racist/prejudiced/biased, it is just how we handle it and let it manifest itself or not when we are out. Oh and it's Charlemagne tha God. Probably thinks its sacrilege to spell it the....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't that the guy that was interviewing Biden in his basement when Biden said "if you don't vote for me you ain't black" or something like that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast